First hefe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jknapp12105

Reaction score
I made my first Hefe last Friday (nov 9th). How long do I let it ferment? Also how long do I let it bottle for?

Till you get consistent hydrometer readings a few days apart. Check your gravity with a hydrometer after about 10-14 days and in a few days check again if the same readings then you should be ok to bottle then.

Probably take about 2 weeks to carbonate. I Use 1oz of sugar per gallon of beer being bottled. It will give you about 2.5 volumes of co2. I use that as my standard.

GilSwillBasementBrews said:
Till you get consistent hydrometer readings a few days apart. Check your gravity with a hydrometer after about 10-14 days and in a few days check again if the same readings then you should be ok to bottle then.

Probably take about 2 weeks to carbonate. I Use 1oz of sugar per gallon of beer being bottled. It will give you about 2.5 volumes of co2. I use that as my standard.

Thanks I really appreciate it

Back