Houston Members Unite....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
for a pint at the Ginger Man :D
El Pistolero and I met last Wednesday for the Schneider Weisse glass night and had a good time. We ended up at Two Rows for another brew and some dinner. Maybe some of you other Houston area members would like to meet up with us again this Wednesday? The Ginger Man does logo glass night every Wednesday starting at 4 pm. Buy the beer, keep the glass. This week is Erdinger and Samuel Smith glasses. If I can drive 1.5 hrs one way to have a brew w/ some good folks.....c'mon! :)

Plus, it's $1 pint night at Two Rows on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeRoux's Broux said:
Plus, it's $1 pint night at Two Rows on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been kicking myself in the head all week trying to figure out why the dinner check was so small! :D

El Pistolero said:
I've been kicking myself in the head all week trying to figure out why the dinner check was so small! :D

me too! i thought she screwed up until i checkd the web page last night to see what the Wednesday special was. (www.tworows.com). that's a good deal!!!!:)

so no takers to meet El Pistolero and I at the Ginger Man for Erdinger glass night?

whatta u think EP? still feel like it?

Well, it doesn't look like I'm gonna make it today...SWMBO is working late, so I'm on kid duty. I did tell her not to do it again tho, so if the swelling in both eyes go down I should be on for next week. :D

El Pistolero said:
Well, it doesn't look like I'm gonna make it today...SWMBO is working late, so I'm on kid duty. I did tell her not to do it again tho, so if the swelling in both eyes go down I should be on for next week. :D

i understand 100%! kids are the priortiy (so they say :D ).

not sure what next week's glass is? i should get an e-mail for the month of feb and it'll have it listed!

until then!

Next Wednesday should be good...we could just stay all night and catch the groundhog when he gets up in the morning. :D

El Pistolero said:
Next Wednesday should be good...we could just stay all night and catch the groundhog when he gets up in the morning. :D

why wait all night? we'll just ask the groundhog to join us!:drunk:

well EP, i ran to the store to p/u stuff for dinner, and stopped by the closest liquor store and picked up a sixer of Paulaner Hefe (which a never ever buy!). yours tastes DAMN close to it bro! good job.

Yea the Paulaner is pretty good, but I can't get that Schneider Weisse out of my head...I think I'm gonna have to shoot for one of those.

Bottled my second wee heavy Monday...this stuff is just like Belhaven Wee Heavy, only with a bit more kick. I'm amazed at how different it is from my first one...I guess it must be the yeast.

could be? that Schneider Weisse was good hu? wish i was under the umbrellas now, sipp'n a Erdinger weisse or a cask Elissa IPA.....

homebrewer_99 said:
Now how'd you misspell "dunkel"?

Don't yer 'puter have a skellpecker?:drunk:

dunkels weisse bier :D

BeeGee, probably some dark German crystal and the munich would be my guess on the color of the S-W.

okay houstonites, two rows is doing another brew dinner feb 20. here's the low down from ian the brewer:

For those of you that think Valentines Day is a commercial holiday, like I do, celebrate your love for one another, food, beer, and all mankind on the 20th...also Presidents Day.

Monday Feb 20, 7:00, come early at 6:30 for the reception to meet others sharing the dining experience, or just hang out and chat with your friends or, me.

Wasabi Tuna Medallions, had to do it again (different presentation)
New England Smoked Corn Chowder, served in a sourdough bowl
Chicken Cordon Bleu, stuffed chicken (smoked turkey, swiss and spices) served with broccoli and hollandaise
Bananas Foster, recipe from the place that made it famous, found it on line...
$35 per person,
brewery tour with a truly special brewers reserve treat, wink, wink
tell your friends, tell your friends- friends; but whatever you do don't keep it a secret.

Ian
Brewmaster TwoRows

okay, here's the list of glasses for pint night at the ginger man in february:

Every Wednesday

On Wednesday we'll be having Logo Pint Night starting at 4 PM!
Buy the beer, keep the glass!

youngs-glass.jpg
February 1st- St. Arnold Spring Bock glassesFebruary 8th- Anchor glassesFebruary15th- Lindemans & Young's Chocolate glassesFebruary 22nd- Spaten Brau Bock glasses

any takers tomorrow? followed by dinner and a brew at two rows ($1 pints all day!:drunk: ).

DeRoux's Broux said:
okay houstonites, two rows is doing another brew dinner feb 20. here's the low down from ian the brewer:

For those of you that think Valentines Day is a commercial holiday, like I do, celebrate your love for one another, food, beer, and all mankind on the 20th...also Presidents Day.

Monday Feb 20, 7:00, come early at 6:30 for the reception to meet others sharing the dining experience, or just hang out and chat with your friends or, me.

Wasabi Tuna Medallions, had to do it again (different presentation)
New England Smoked Corn Chowder, served in a sourdough bowl
Chicken Cordon Bleu, stuffed chicken (smoked turkey, swiss and spices) served with broccoli and hollandaise
Bananas Foster, recipe from the place that made it famous, found it on line...
$35 per person,
brewery tour with a truly special brewers reserve treat, wink, wink
tell your friends, tell your friends- friends; but whatever you do don't keep it a secret.

Ian
Brewmaster TwoRows

Man, oh man that sounds good. I don't have to work until the next Tuesday afternoon. I'd make the drive and get a room for the night. But, if all goes well, I'll be heading up to OKC to see the wife and kiddo that whole weekend. If I have to change my plans, I might just have to head to Houston!

Either way, it looks like that'll be a good weekend. :)

hey, i wanna make the glass night for the Young's Double Chocolate and the Spaten glasses. i'll go sit by myself if i have too :~)

DeRoux's Broux said:
hey, i wanna make the glass night for the Young's Double Chocolate and the Spaten glasses. i'll go sit by myself if i have too :~)
I screwed up and signed one of the girls up for softball...evening practices last Wednesday and next. :( Hopefully I can make the 15th and 22nd tho.

SWMBO just gave me clearance for the 15th. :) I wish we could get some of these other H-town people to respond...I know there must be a dozen.

What style of beer would you call that hopzilla...is it an IPA?

dancingbarefoot said:
Sorry, man. Looks like Wednesdays aren't going to be good for me this entire semester.
Attitude adjustment seminars are important, too. :cool:

sorry EP, just saw the post!

i'm wide open today if your still up for it?

the Hopzilla is an Imperial IPA. you liked it hu?!?!?!?!

plus, it's Young's Double Chocolate glass night tonight!!! and $1 pint at Two Row's! WOO-HOO!!!!!

Back