Next batch, need input and suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomtown25

Reaction score
Ok Ninjas (and Pirates!):

I am going to do my next batch in a week or two and really have no idea what style I want to do. AG or extract, or partial. Not really picky right at the moment. Take a look at what I have done so far in my signature block below. With that being said, here are some thoughts but definitely not limited to these:

1. Nice red amber ale

2. Saison (never even had one of these)

3. Imperial Stout (want to do, but not sure I want to wait the time- although now would be good to start for late fall)

4. Guiness Draught clone (although I have no nitrogen)

5. Oatmeal Stout

6. ESB

7. Surley Cynic

(p.s.- I like my beer with alcohol in it- so let's try to keep it above 5% at least, or I could go drink a Bud light):ban:

What about a brown ale? I have a recipe to share if you are interested (AG)

Caribou Slobber was a Brown Ale, but I am aways open for suggestions. What about an Octoberfest as well? never had one of those either.

I just brewed up a wonderful chocolate porter that should be really good around the first of December when I put up the christmas house lights. I have resorted to brewing for special occasions like when the wind shifts directions or the first wednesday after Thanksgiving. I celebrate them all with a nice home brew. The apfelwein sounds really interesting as well.

Tell me more about the chocolate Porter. I like to keep my pipeline open full and moving, but I am looking to do at least one longer ferment/aging brew (either an Imperial Stout, Porter like this one, or an Octoberfest). As you suggest, I want something to enjoy that will be ready just in time for cold weather (which here in MS is anything below 85 degrees)!

I did a Fuller's London Porter clone (FullOfIt) using extract.

7lbs. Light LME

1lb. Crystal 60
10oz. Chocolate
6oz. Malto Dextrine

2oz Fruggles [:60]
1/4oz Fruggles [:15]

WLP002 English Ale Yeast

OG-1.059
IBU's-38
Color-20.2
Alcohol-5.91

Mine has been in the primary for just over two weeks. Thinking about leaving it there a couple more weeks and then bottle condition until mid December.
:mug:

Back