Carapils AKA Dextrine Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upperNY01brewer

Reaction score
Im getting ready to brew a Cocoanut Porter at this writing and Im going to be adding 8oz of Carapils to it and Im wondering is it best to include it with the grains. Im doing a partial mash with this recipe and after talking to a few people I decided to add this but I failed to ask when. So what is anyones opinion on this matter.

Thanks all, that's what I thought but just wanted to be 100% sure. I'm leaving extract brewing in the rear view mirror and kind of stepping out on my own with my own recipes doing partial mash...The Next step in this great beer odyssey will be all grain..

Don't be the guy at the LHBS that separates his individual grains for a batch of beer.

After mentoring my wife on her 1st brew with steeping grains,I'm going to start incorporating some of this into my extract recipes. Carapils for sure,but no more than 8oz's. I'd like to try some of the Honey Malt I saw at the LHBS as well. Is there a list on here of the grains that can be steeped with decent results?:mug:

Thanx for the link. I took a look at it. Going to refer back to it for a while to get the hang of the steeping grains. Not to mention,some other DME/LME's I can add to that to eventually eliminate pre-hopped cans. And I'd like to use the honey malt in some sort of wheat ale...

Back