20 hours to go.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Then I'm off to the Sahara .:ban:to stay here. Sorry.....big pictures.

visoterra-campement-dans-l-erg-chebbi-726.jpg

And Here

mar22.jpg

And here

pho_4916_pho_photo.jpg

One of the places I have always wanted to go, I am envious.

Good luck and have a good time.

Nope, 4x4 and Camel.

I can get a bottle lager in the city but after that there is nothing but water and coke. I may buy a whiskey on the way out.

How long are you planning on staying there? I have often wondered to myself why anyone would travel anywhere where there is no A/C.

I guess i do it once a year to northern Ontario in the middle of nowhere to fish, but there is a cabin with solar powered fridge and lights and water pump.

Cheers, have a good time!

Or is there A/C there?

Not always hotter than blazes in the desert. Sometimes it's nippy. Probably great weather there this time-o-year. Have fun Orfy.

desertBrew said:
Not always hotter than blazes in the desert. Sometimes it's nippy. Probably great weather there this time-o-year. Have fun Orfy.

No shi.t! Last time I went the bridges got wiped out and it furkin snowed!
I got stuck, The guide disappeared and I couldn't get back to the city for my gear. That was only a couple of the things that went wrong. It was a real adventure.
This time I hope it goes a little smoother

9 hours to go and I've not packed and been in the pub all afternoon. I have a load of stuff to do and am still cooking meals for SWMBO for next week. It'll get sorted I'm sure.

Only 1 week away? You'll have to call that a vacation like us Americans; that's no Euro holiday! :)

So stuff doesn't even grow around the water?

Where do people who live out there get food, etc? Is it all shipped in, or is there fertile soil around there somewhere?

And did you listen to Massive Attack while you were out there? They make great desert music!

desertBrew said:
Only 1 week away? You'll have to call that a vacation like us Americans; that's no Euro holiday! :)

I don't class it as a vacation. I take my wife on those and have a budget.
This was just one of many travels/trips on a minimum budget. One of around 15 trips (I've lost count) over the last few years.

Just so happens tha last couple of "Vacations" have also been to Africa.

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
And did you listen to Massive Attack while you were out there? They make great desert music!

That was an extremely random, yet cool remark. Have you listened to Massive Attack in the desert before, to good effect?

And WELCOME BACK ORFY! I bow to your newfound might!

Welcome back, and i must say i am quite jealous... i'd love to travel as much as you are able to, maybe one day...

Torchiest said:
That was an extremely random, yet cool remark. Have you listened to Massive Attack in the desert before, to good effect?

Not really, but the best part of Flight of the Phoenix was when they played an entire MA track to an action sequence. Plus, they did the music for Jarhead. The music just seemed to fit the environment.

Are you a fan?

Back