I WILL call it STEAM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
20 gallon recipe for a simple Steam Beer.

brewpastorandhissteambeer.jpg

1.052 OG
40 IBUs

Single step infusion to rest at 152 for 60 minutes.

30# British Pale malt
4# 55L Crystal
4# German Munich

3 ozs. Northern Brewer pellets for 60 minutes
2.5 ozs. Northern Brewer pellets for 20 minutes
2.5 ozs. Northern Brewer pellets in the whirlpool

Wyeast 2112 (the RUSH yeast)

Isn't that the steam shovel that got stuck in the basement after digging it all nice and square?

Very Clever Brewpastor!

Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel Mary Ann was one of my favorite children's books. What a great logo for a steam beer!

That was a great article. I didn't realize that there was that much to Steam, other than the name. I knew that it was a West Coast thing, but that was about it. I think......wait..yes...I know that i am smarter now!

Alembic said:
Very Clever Brewpastor!

Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel Mary Ann was one of my favorite children's books. What a great logo for a steam beer!

Yes! That was my favorite book as a child and I wanted to share it with my kids, but could never remember the name. Luckily, I found it at the pediatricians office the other day.

I'm glad to see there are others who appreciate it.

I was too. A friend got me a 6 of them and a 6 of Lemp for Christmas... The Lemp was good, but the Anchor Steam was the REAL gift! :rockin:

Ize

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
Wow, people talking about my favorite childhood book and one of my favorite beers. Though I was disappointed that they changed to twist offs.

It always makes me sad when a good beer goes to twist-off tops...

Back