Blichmann Top Tier T-Slot Plates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paloaf

Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently bought a Top Tier with 2 burners and a shelf tier. After I had everything installed, I got a screaming deal on a third burner. I'd like to have all three burners attached to the mast and use the shelf tier as an overgrown "utility shelf". I won't have a lot of weight on the shelf, most likely just a refractometer, thermometer, beer, and miscellaneous ingredients.

The Top Tier only comes with enough T-Slot Plates (the skinny plates that go into the mast) for installing three tiers. How could I install the shelf tier along with everything else? Is there somewhere I can buy additional T-Slot Plates? Would attaching the shelf using bolts and flat washers/nuts be strong enough?

I would use the long slot plates on the burners. They are going to be supporting the most weight. Then go to the local HD/Lowes and purchase some square headed nuts and use I place of the T-slot plates. I have the utility shelf and that's how it comes. 4 bolts w/ square nuts.

I would use the long slot plates on the burners. They are going to be supporting the most weight. Then go to the local HD/Lowes and purchase some square headed nuts and use I place of the T-slot plates. I have the utility shelf and that's how it comes. 4 bolts w/ square nuts.

Any idea on what size square head nuts and bolts that you bought?

This is how my shelf came also. You can pick up additional square nuts and bolts at Lowes.

Back