Bayou classic sp10 burner deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The amazon burner only has a 10 psi regulator (55,000 btu vs the 180,000 of the 20 psi).

Good point, didn't notice that detail.

Nice find.

From an Amazon review:

UPDATE:
July 29-Called Bayou Classic and their customer service rep said that this was the second call he had received about the contents of the SP10 box not matching the description on the box. He said they would ship me out a replacement regulator Aug 1st at no charge to me. I began to confirm the specifications with him and he said it will be a 20 psi regulator but he has not heard of a 48" hose before, only the 36". Will update when the replacement regulator comes.

UPDATE:
Aug 4-Received replacement hose and regulator set from Bayou Classic. On this replacement set the regulator is 20 PSI, the hose 48" inch and it has the needle control valve-exactly what is specified to come with this burner. Now that I have everything I went to assemble the burner to find out the shutter spring is not in the box and the welded-in bracket to support the cast iron burner is off center nearly an inch.

Not sure what the current status is, that review is from 2011. If I were in the market I'd go with your link and save myself the headache. Is there an advantage to this burner vs the SQ14 when it comes to 5-10 gal batches other than faster heating... is one more efficient or something?

Just a heads up-I just ordered and received one of these,and it only has the 10 psi regulator.:( It's too much hassle to return it,but I will notify them that they need to change the wording on their description.

Back