Sankey Lines to Cornelius fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellInABucket

Reaction score
I am borrowing a friend's extra kegerator that is configured for commercial Sankey type keg taps. Meaning both the gas and liquid lines terminate in the 7/8"-14 female hex fittings that fasten to the Sankey tap.

Most of the "conversion" kits I have found online involve severing these fittings from the lines and installing a smaller fitting that can then be screwed on to the larger Sankey fitting when using a commercial keg is desired. I want to go the opposite way so as not to cut the existing hoses, as they are crimped not clamped. And possible use a male-male junction or a barb to male 7/8" fitting. Do these exist and does anyone see a problem with configuring this solution backwards?

If I owned the system I wouldnt have any problem cutting the lines and installing this kit, but the owner is not a brewer and may not ever have a use for a cornelius setup.

Cheers.

I don't think what you're looking for exists. There has to be some long combination of fittings to get from one to the other, but the more interior shoulders and more fittings you have, the more issues you're likely to have with CO2 getting knocked out of solution causing foamy pours. I'm not sure why the hesitation to install MFL fittings into your friends lines. It won't change the functionality for him at all.

You will need a double ended shank they are commonly used in jockey boxes, sometimes called a jockey box wall coupling. You can screw the standard beer nut, already on the line, to one side of the shank, on the other side you need a 1/4" tailpeice and beer nut(with washer). Then hook up a few feet of 3/16 beer line to the 1/4" tailpeice and the corny disconnect on the other.
This will cost you at least $20-25 per line( beer and gas) it's much cheaper to cut the line and add flare barbs to the hose. These cost $2 each and then buy him new flare tailpeices so he can hook the sanky back up these fitting are about $5 each. So either spend $50 or $14 to do the same thing with the only difference is cutting off a small peice of line.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess my original thought, was just an attempt to keep the fridge "as-new", but now realize that I will actually be adding functionality to it by installing the MFL fittings.

Back