Where is your Keezer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agentaaron

Reaction score
Where do you all keep your Keezers?

Right now, I have a upright cooler made by True (the same glass front coolers you see at grocery stores with coke/pepsi) which I have a two tap tower drilled into. It works great, but I have it in my dining room and its a bit loud (Especially when im cooling down kegs). My swmbo told me I can work on a keezer as long as its quieter than what we have now.

Anyhow...I have seen some good deals on craigslist, but afraid ill end up with something older and just as loud. Should I just go with something new? Im not too worried about the warranty as I will be immediately be drilling a hole through the lid to run my hoses into a box on top where my faucets will be...I plan to have 3 on tap and one cooling, probably something along the lines of a 9cf (since I use pin locks)

...So again, where do you keep yours...and how loud/quiet is it?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

chest freezer converted with a collar, it's out in the detached garage next to my workbench. the living room/dining room/kitchen area of my house is kinda small, the entire house is 850 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.....

mine is in my dining room, it was a new 5cf chest freezer. I laminated it with luan and trimmed it up real nice. I built a collar with an oak lid and didnt reuse the lid that came with it. It runs very quiet, barely hear it. It my shed is an old free 14cf from CL for fermenting. It is much louder. So spend the bucks for a new freezer if you want quieter operation.

I have a new one, it's pretty quiet, I'm not sure if the older ones are as quiet. You would want to listen to them first.
The bulk of the noise was during the initial cooling phase as well.

I have a 3 room apartment (and a kitchen..thing) (bedroom1, bedroom2-converted to a storage room and a main room.) I keep it in the main room, and it's quiet enough for me or anyone else to sleep out there without complaining.

Currently still at my parents house from a wedding BBQ. Usually in my garage since SWMBO does not want it in the house.

Mine's in the garage for now. If we remodel the living room and put a bar in it will then go inside.
Mine is pretty quiet, I don't notice any real noise coming from it. I'd go with a new one for the energy savings as well as the noise factor.

Mines in the sunroom connected to my kitchen with my dual tap kegerator..wife is ok with it..

I've got a 2009 5-cf holiday keezer in the 'bar' area of our family room (next to a similar sized wine cooler). It's about as loud as a refrigerator is generally. Usually not noticeable. The wine fridge is definitely the noisier of the 2. If you want quiet, I would definitely spring for a newer model.

Outside on the back patio. Probably not the most efficient use of energy since it gets over 100 degrees here.

I have a 10 cf keezer in the dining room. It isn't any louder then the refrigerator.

Thats exactly what I want...would you mind telling me what brand you got and where? I have seen some pretty good deals at Lowes for their "Holiday" brand...but never really hearing of that brand, i didnt know if I should stick with a more trusted brand or not.

Outside on the back patio. Probably not the most efficient use of energy since it gets over 100 degrees here.

I bought my kegerator already built off craigslist and the guy had it running outside next to his big 10 tap keezer. At the time I couldnt even hear it. It often gets close to 100 here as well during the day, but I had purchased it in late winter...So maybe thats why.

Time to post mine on craigslist and start shopping...

My master suite is kinda L shaped with the bedroom area on one end and the office area at the other. My keezer is in the office part and the only thing I ever hear when it runs is the relay clicking open and closed. It was made using a somewhat newer GE chest freezer.

8.8 cuft Keezer right next to the wives chair so she can get me a draft easier.... LOL.
Out in the breeseway connecting the house to the garrage.
Got down to 20°F last winter, moved it into the living room for the winter.

Mine is in the garage. I'ts a connected garage and the keezer is just inside the door which enters to the kitchen so no need or desire to move it. Only down side is it gets mighty hot in the garage this time of year so not the most energy efficient location.

5537685207_c5ed4f5603_z.jpg

I keep mine in the breakfast nook in the kitchen. When my kids were little they ate there, but now we just use the dining room. Mine is a Holiday, also. It is pretty quiet.

4 keg side-by-side converted kegerator in the garage.
4.5 keg converted chest freezer on back patio.
2 keg kegerator/fermentor in laundry room.

Back