3rd Cider finished

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJC16

Reaction score
I used 18 cans of apple juice concentrate and let that ferment with champagne yeast and filled the water to about 4.75 gallons and the OG was 1.056 and finished at 1.000. I added 4 cans of concentrate to bring the FG up to 1.020 because I wanted something sweeter closer to woodchuck. It has been carbonating in the keg for a couple of days and I have had a couple of glasses so far and it has been great. I can not wait for it to become fully carbed.

I used 18 cans of apple juice concentrate and let that ferment with champagne yeast and filled the water to about 4.75 gallons and the OG was 1.056 and finished at 1.000. I added 4 cans of concentrate to bring the FG up to 1.020 because I wanted something sweeter closer to woodchuck. It has been carbonating in the keg for a couple of days and I have had a couple of glasses so far and it has been great. I can not wait for it to become fully carbed.
Did you add K sorbate before back sweetening?

Congratulations! Sounds really great. Besides tasting great, cider also just pushes the 'americana' button for me - although I live in the city, it just takes me back to my childhood in the rural mdwest and connects me to those times (before my childhood) when family farms had their own apple trees and made their own cider.

Congratulations! Sounds really great. Besides tasting great, cider also just pushes the 'americana' button for me - although I live in the city, it just takes me back to my childhood in the rural mdwest and connects me to those times (before my childhood) when family farms had their own apple trees and made their own cider.
Yeah,yeah," before my childhood" ........:)

Back