Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my new Keezer. 8.8 Kenmore
She lives outside
Using the ebay guys tower cooler and it works great!
Perfect beer all day.
IMG_5394.jpg

Very nice! I'm curious about the one visible center caster though. Is this thing a tricycle? Not worried about it tipping?

My wife saw this over my shoulder and said "Are those buttplugs?!?! I thought your tap handles were wierd!!!"

Erm, what ARE they?

Here is my outdoor set up. I got tired of having to unlock the garage every time I wanted a beer. On a particularly heavy night of night of drinking I came up with this.

The fridge sits in the detached garage and the bird house is in the backyard.

I have 2 things to say to you! Well done sir and post more pictures please. Pics that show the inside set up, particularly how you have the hoses going through the wall.

LOl the holes are blocked off by some painted sheet aluminum. When you look at it, it just seems to be a weird place to have a bird house, when we have a party folks are shocked when they see it.

To go through the wall I just drilled holes and I'm using 5in shanks. The lines are a little long to the fridge but I'm in Humboldt county so heat is not a problem. The fridge setup is nothing fancy but I can post pics if you like.

OK, this one: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/index98.html#post2204292 is goddamn AWESOME!!!!

The Kovert Keezer!!! That is just brilliant.... It's the Harry Potter of keezers, forced to live under the steps and is like effin' MAGIC when it comes out!!!

The taps/glass area is so damn cool. Your cabinetry friend is a true professional... That is just an incredible design and so well thought out!

Cheers, man!

My kegerator sits under the stairs on my deck and is exposed to the weather causing me to have to shut it down for the winter and bottle. I needed to enclose it against the elements and still be able to use it.
A friend of mine is a great wood worker/carpenter and he hooked me up.
First he enclosed the space with plywood and heavy plastic. Then he faced it with 200 year-old barn oak and made drink rails on each side. Also, he made a pair of swinging doors leading to the back bar area.
Here are some before shots.

Here's the front of the kegerator.
kegvert.jpg

That black box on the right is my kegerator under the stairs.
front.jpg

And now.

From the front of the bar.
downsized_0814001011.jpg

downsized_0814001004.jpg

And here's the other side with the swinging doors.
downsized_0814001005b.jpg

Here's a detail of a drink rail made of the barn oak.
downsized_0814001006.jpg

The front is a three-part door. The bottom piece has a wide top that doubles as a drip tray.
downsized_0814001006a.jpg

The middle part comes off to store away except for the coldest days, and the top part is on hinges to swing up to access the kegerator.
The next project is to put an oak veneer on the face of the kegerator to complete the look.

Here's another view from the side.
downsized_0807001053.jpg

Ragutis! The sweetness of this bar setup would require a quorum of 6 beer geeks to expend at least four hours (each) describing it. Good 24 hour party conversation piece that can be revisited year after year. Nice
work!

Humboldt county? Holy crap, I was born in Arcata a long, long time ago!

Nothing much has changed, the hippies are older, the Volkswagen's are newer, and we now have 5 breweries. That's something like 1 brewery for every 30k people.

Edit. Ragutis that is a really nice set up, a good set of stubby tap handles would look really nice on your bar.

For the last 1.5 years, my keezer has lived in the basement, where I brew. Space is tight upstairs, and now, we've found the space to make it work.

main.php

main.php

Action shots:

main.php

main.php

wow...this is really effing nice. - you should do this as a side business - creativity is always worth $$$$ :mug:

Thats terriffic!
Great use of dead space.
I know what the underside of my stairs looks like. *storage my butt, it's a junkroom*

and the magnetically attached custom drip tray. The magnets on the drip tray were removed from hard drives and they are strong as heck. I currently have 3 on there now and they hold the tray pretty well. But I will add a few more next week

Ha! My SWMBO is gifting me a spare stand-up fridge. It currently has my hard drive magnets on it and I was wondering if I might be able to use a few of them in this project! Awesome! Thanks! The parts are in the mail from Keg Connection.

BTW, that is a nice, clean build you've got there. After reading 186 pages of this thread, I feel qualified to say that! :rolleyes:

199 pages!
I know more about kegerators now than I would ever have thought possible...and now I have more questions, too!

Great job, everyone! The Irish coffin keezers are by far my favorites and something that beautiful is probably the only way SWMBO is going to allow a project like this in the house.

I look forward to posting shots of my first kegerator in a couple weeks.

Now, which way to manifold and regulator tutorials? :D

i wanna make a kegerator. many pages back i saw a keg fridge that was painted to look like a tool chest. i wanna put an idea by u guys. how bout a keezer where the bottom looks like the bottom tool chest and a coffin looks like the top part

i wanna make a kegerator. many pages back i saw a keg fridge that was painted to look like a tool chest. i wanna put an idea by u guys. how bout a keezer where the bottom looks like the bottom tool chest and a coffin looks like the top part

That would rule!

Here's my tiki bar kegerator.

PICT0157.jpg

Holds 9 kegs (7 5-gals, plus 2 2.5's on the hump). 5 regular plus 2 nitro faucets. I also keep 2 kegs of seltzer water cold for the post-mix soda gun and a cold plate in there for the pre-mix soda gun. And there's a chalkboard painted on the front for what's on tap.

The whole tiki bar project started as a something thrown together for a luau a few years back, and since then it's taken on a life of it's own. The kegerator is basically the back bar of the tiki bar.

A couple more pics:

PICT0162.jpg

PICT0205.jpg

PICT0166.jpg

OK, this one: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/index98.html#post2204292 is goddamn AWESOME!!!!

The Kovert Keezer!!! That is just brilliant.... It's the Harry Potter of keezers, forced to live under the steps and is like effin' MAGIC when it comes out!!!

The taps/glass area is so damn cool. Your cabinetry friend is a true professional... That is just an incredible design and so well thought out!

Cheers, man!

+1 for the HP joke, lol.

you know something is epic when you read through all 200 pages..............in one sitting! gotta go get some homebrew now LOL!!

Well guys, we built the bar two years ago and I've been homebrewing for about 6 months doing pretty well with 1 liter flip top bottles. Since my house was nominated for the fantasy football draft, I thought it would be a good time start planning for a keezer. After about a month of freezer hunting and learning all about the world of kegging, here is what I came up with:

it holds 3 full size cornies and two 3 gal for a total of 5.

taps.jpg

keezerandtank.jpg

keezer.jpg

bar.jpg

Back