Local store for Alu. 10 Gallon Brew Pot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quixand

Reaction score
Anyone find one of these at a common brick and mortar store?

Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-mart....something like that?

Need to find one for this weekend, and don't want to pay a arm and a leg.

I would try a restaurant supply store. I bought both my 10g and 15g pot there. Every town usually has a place like this, just pull up your phone book.

A Sportsman's Warehouse or other hunting/camping store (nor REI) may have a turkey fryer pot that size. This time of year, the big box stores may have them, too, but I suspect it'll be in a kit with a burner, steamer basket, and other stuff you may not want.

+ 1 on restaurant supply store. The pot with a turkey fryer is only going to be 32 qt at best.

I picked up a 15G aluminum pot w/ boil strainer at a sporting goods store that also carried "outdoor" cooking equipment. Grills, smokers, sausage suffers, jerky equipment, that sort of thing.

What price are you guys finding for a 40 Quart aluminum pot? (10 Gallon)

The stores in my area want $100 bucks for one, which seems really high.

Assuming you're a member, Sams Club has 10/15/20 gallon restaurant-grade aluminum pots for cheap.

I ordered three 15 gallon pots (with lids) a while back for $46/each plus $8 shipping for the entire order.

i paid all of 19.95 for an 8 gallon tamale steamer at walmart a while back. it works well for 5 gallon batches.

i paid all of 19.95 for an 8 gallon tamale steamer at walmart a while back. it works well for 5 gallon batches.

I did the same thing and thought it was a waste of $20. If you collect 7 gallons, that's like almost an inch from the top. I do 5.5 gallon batches and like to collect 7-7.5 gallons and boil for 90 minutes. That's why I ended up buying a 10 gal pot. I think the OP has the right idea.

I have an empty keg to convert, I just have no desire to brew outdoors yet.

Man alive, I can't seem to find a good price anywhere.

Academy Sports has a big selection of large aluminum pots. I've seen everything from 20 up to a 120qt monster.

I did the same thing and thought it was a waste of $20. If you collect 7 gallons, that's like almost an inch from the top. I do 5.5 gallon batches and like to collect 7-7.5 gallons and boil for 90 minutes. That's why I ended up buying a 10 gal pot. I think the OP has the right idea.

:shrug: i've done three 5 gallon extract batches in it w/o issue.

I have an empty keg to convert, I just have no desire to brew outdoors yet.

Man alive, I can't seem to find a good price anywhere.

What a person thinks a thing should cost and what it actually costs are rarely the same thing.
I sell a commercial 40qt aluminum import pot at my store for $67. Decent pot, good price. Go to a restaurant supply store.

Back