Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice labels everyone! I've spent so much time looking at other lables. I've honestly looked through over 100 of the pages and it's not 1 label looks the same.

Here's my first label. The only thing I used from the internet was the floral design. 'll probably update the floral design so the label can be completely authentic. I have two batches going, a coffee porter and an Irish stout.

BEERLABELFINAL_Page_1.jpg

BEERLABELFINAL_Page_4.jpg

BEERLABELFINAL_Page_2.jpg

BEERLABELFINAL_Page_3.jpg

The color is off in these uploads for some reason especially on the Irish label...that green almost looks like a lawn.

Made a honey bacon ale that I split using English ale yeast on half and American ale yeast on the other.

image-453972323.jpg

image-1177351394.jpg

This was my first attempt at a Graff (Brandon O's Recipe)

image-109426445.jpg

And my Belgian chocolate stout! Still in primary for another week, the 2 Months in secondary before bottling!

image-1611295568.jpg

A return to brewing after a brief hiatus. A somewhat modified "Pliny the Elder" recipe that I was very optimistic about based on the aroma of the fermentation. Thus the name... Hoptimism.

hoptimism beer label web.jpg

Some many people with soo much talent I'm ashamed to show mine. I've been working on this one for awhile now. I have also been messing around with names for around a month now and i really can't decide on one. I just slapped in the government warning and a bogus barcode to make it look more offical. I used the code generator that someone posted on this site. I think this one will just take you to msn...hahahaha. :fro:

Any input, insults, or death threats would be great.

OldAlchemytest-barcode_zps3b288c71.jpg

Any input, insults, or death threats would be great.

OldAlchemytest-barcode_zps3b288c71.jpg

Looks good, what i'm doing for ours is generating the QR code that links to a blog post detailing the specific beer for that specific label. That way I can have less text on the beer label itself and if someone is really interested, they can follow the QR code to a post detailing the actual recipe and story of the beer they're drinking. Or at least that's the idea...

Oh, and I'm going to totally kill you in your sleep. Extra murder style.

Graphic design is another one of my hobbies so labeling is a great complement to brewing. This is from my second batch:

image-2843583561.jpg

Looks good, what i'm doing for ours is generating the QR code that links to a blog post detailing the specific beer for that specific label. That way I can have less text on the beer label itself and if someone is really interested, they can follow the QR code to a post detailing the actual recipe and story of the beer they're drinking. Or at least that's the idea...

Oh, and I'm going to totally kill you in your sleep. Extra murder style.

Great idea! Is putting the info on your label linked to the QR code OK with the Feds?

Great idea! Is putting the info on your label linked to the QR code OK with the Feds?

Not sure what the Feds have to do with my blog or my homebrew. :confused:

I can't sell it, the state law says I can only share 72 ounces per person per year... otherwise I'm generally free to put no label or whatever label I want on it.

Here are a few of mine...
Blarmody's was the first beer my old roommate and I ever made, a winter spice holiday ale. Our cat seemed to enjoy it, and she was a ficcal *****, so it was pretty easy.

Blind Squirrel is a pecan ale I make as an attempt to clone Lazy Magnolia's Southern Pecan - because even a blind squirrle finds a nut now and again.

The porter is Pi Rho Porter (Pyro) - it's made with a fair dosing of cherrywood smoked malt and has a strong smoke flavor.

The last one was the simplest label with an excellent delivery. Sunday Morning is a chocolate oatmeal milk stout with a vanilla bourbon finish (yeah, too much going on maybe). Only did 22oz bottles, dipped in gold wax. Pictured is the brewery mascot and namesake, Bad News Bear

Blarmody's.jpg

Blind Squirrel.jpg

PiRho Porter.jpg

Sunday Morning.jpg

The last one was the simplest label with an excellent delivery. Sunday Morning is a chocolate oatmeal milk stout with a vanilla bourbon finish (yeah, too much going on maybe). Only did 22oz bottles, dipped in gold wax. Pictured is the brewery mascot and namesake, Bad News Bear
Love the ribbon as a label. It really makes it stand out from the crowd. It would be a good marketing gimmick for a commercial beer.:rockin:

...but if you have the OG and FG, you know your ABV and vice versa. Maybe list OG, IBU and ABV?

Us beer nerds might know, but it would still require a calculation, and odds are the general drinking public has no clue what any OG or FG means or how that equals ABV...

I like it...well done. I would change up one thing. You list OG, FG, and ABV...but if you have the OG and FG, you know your ABV and vice versa. Maybe list OG, IBU and ABV?

Thank you. I wrestled with exactly what stats to show....and after I finished I thought that I should have added IBUs. My thoughts on showing both OG and FG is for us beer nerds....but understand they are both not needed with ABV.

I am brewing this beer on Saturday, so I need to update the OG et al once it is done.

Nice and clean. And love me some Fort George!

Might think about updating the FG or ABV instead....:D The OG is said and done already. I like your label though, nice clean look!

Sorry Broham, guess I plagiarized the "nice and clean" phrase without knowing - I'll send you a commission from any profits. :smack:

Getting ready to bottle my cider next week. I had some free time while skipping work to watch my son who was too sick to go to daycare yesterday. I need to clean some of the fonts and the background up but it didnt come out too aweful bad.

applecauldrencopy_zpsfdcab1b3.jpg

haha! if you only knew our friendship. every time i look at this label i crack up... it will probably be all im known for ;)

Back