What'd ya get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A small enamel coated cast iron dutch oven. Looks like a le creuset knockoff, a removable bottom tart pan, a 60qt SS pot with lid and basket, and these guys:
AAAAAqdyc48AAAAAAOethQ.jpg

51RAKTTP08L.jpg

image787.jpg

BlackDeckerLeafHog.jpg

Me and the wife got each other a new TV, trip to Ireland and some new stuff for the house. My parents (and inlaws) got us random stuff for the house and clothes and stuff.

For the first time ever, I understand why people say Christmas is really about the kids. I have 18 month old that has been on cloud 9 for the last 48 hours, and she has not even gotten to open the gifts from us. We have been doing the family tour and will be doing our christmas tonight. She has some really cool stuff waiting for her. It is a fine balance to treat them the way you want, while allowing them to appreciate things and not be spoiled.

(Edit: Oh yeah, bought myself a new false bottom and will begin my basement bar build this weekend.)

A Fisher Scientific digital thermometer w/probe, a digital food scale, and cash to get a 10 gal. pot. I'm going to join the all-grain club very soon now!

My folks got us an early Christmas present when our washing machine and dryer both died within the same week.

I also got a $20 gift card for the LHBS, $25 gift card for Barnes & Noble, a Barska 3 x 12 50 Illuminated Reticle rifle scope, and a promisary note from Santa for another $50 at the LHBS.

My kids got a Wii from my folks and they got my step daughter a Dell laptop. These are the same people who wouldn't buy me a Nintendo as a kid because I "didn't need to spend all my time on some computer game." Freakin' Wii, Mario Cart, Aerosmith Guitar Hero, 3 or 4 other games, extra controllers, nunchucks, and they still want to get them Wii Fit!!!! My house is to small for all of this crap, and I am never going to get to watch my TV again.

I guess that it's time to build my bar and install the TV's in there.

My kids got a Wii from my folks and they got my step daughter a Dell laptop. These are the same people who wouldn't buy me a Nintendo as a kid because I "didn't need to spend all my time on some computer game." Freakin' Wii, Mario Cart, Aerosmith Guitar Hero, 3 or 4 other games, extra controllers, nunchucks, and they still want to get them Wii Fit!!!! My house is to small for all of this crap, and I am never going to get to watch my TV again.

I think they call it "grandparent" syndrome. My grandparents did the same thing.

Back