The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet baby Jesus...the constant insults and snarky retorts of this thread reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner with my family.

May your reasons for thanks be many, may your beer be cold, your mashed potatoes warm, and your turkeys thoroughly cooked.

Except for PTN's turkey. As he is a man of sophistication, for him I heartily recommend the cool pink turkey meat; it's a delicacy somewhere foreign or so I've heard.

Sweet baby Jesus...the constant insults and snarky retorts of this thread reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner with my family.

you will rarely see someone named Cape Brewing here, he is a pro brewer now. Nice little place, Bog Inn Brewing, they take a beer and put their own little "spin" on it.

ComcastWineRookie said:
you will rarely see someone named Cape Brewing here, he is a pro brewer now. Nice little place, Bog Inn Brewing, they take a beer and put their own little "spin" on it.

Think Bog Inn has special room rates for Christmas?

Happy Thanksgiving Day to Dysfunctional Massholes everywhere - even Cow Hampster!

gobbles.jpg

Cheers!
Eat-Ham-Happy-Thanksgiving-Eat-ham-turkey-smiley-emoticon-000927-large.gif

Your family must be nice then. Insults and snarky retorts would be a step up for mine. Imagine Game of Thrones with less nudity, fewer small people, less nobility, and more betrayal.

From one Old Goat to all you Massholes: Happy Thanksgiving! May your food be good, your time with the in-laws be brief, if you are traveling may your journey be safe and if you are working on this fine day, you have my thanks and appreciation (having spend many a thanksgiving working in paper mills, I can appreciate the sacrifice).

Oginme said:
(having spend many a thanksgiving working in paper mills, I can appreciate the sacrifice).

Ok. I've got a question...

I work in an ER in the area of the city that was once referred to as the 'ghetto' but in these more enlightened times is called an 'area in transition.' I know why I need to be here on Thanksgiving, it's to wipe up the blood. Got it.

Why in the world does a paper mill need to be open on T-Day?

paulthenurse said:

I work in an ER in the area of the city that was once referred to as the 'ghetto' but in these more enlightened times is called an 'area in transition.' I know why I need to be here on Thanksgiving, it's to wipe up the blood. Got it.

I'm guessing some things stop for nothing.

Paul, thank you for working on Thanksgiving.

Believe me, there was no altruism involved. Nor is the holiday pay the reason I'm here. I would way rather shut this place down and give everyone a four day weekend. Lets face it, most people who come to our ED should stay home, take an aspirin, put some ice on it, put down the crack pipe, put down the E & J and they'd be fine.

But there are a few bad apples in every bunch who ruin it for everybody. "Oh SURE, you just had to have your heart attack tonight! Like it couldn't keep till Monday! You selfish barstid. I wanted to watch football." Some people got a lot of nerve.

You're welcome, Melana.

paulthenurse said:
Believe me, there was no altruism involved. Nor is the holiday pay the reason I'm here. I would way rather shut this place down and give everyone a four day weekend. Lets face it, most people who come to our ED should stay home, take an aspirin, put some ice on it, put down the crack pipe, put down the E & J and they'd be fine.

But there are a few bad apples in every bunch who ruin it for everybody. "Oh SURE, you just had to have your heart attack tonight! Like it couldn't keep till Monday! You selfish barstid. I wanted to watch football." Some people got a lot of nerve.

You're welcome, Melana.

And Paul takes it to a new level.... Again!

Two reasons, once you get everything rolling in a paper mill, stoppage is a huge pain in the a$$ to get everything going again. Second, especially at this time of year where I worked in Maine and Northern NY, if the water in the pipes freeze, you're toast. The hot water going through the lines is the only source of heat for most parts of the mill.

I have a number of friends who are doctors, nurses, EMTs, and ambulance drivers, many of whom volunteer to cover shifts during the holiday. They make a real sacrifice in giving up their own family time for the sake of others they work with and who may need their services.

Back