So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what I am brewing this Sunday, but I got my starter ready to go. Wlp001 is the yeast I have, what should I brew?

I got copious amounts of:

2 row
Pale malt
White wheat
C 150
C 40
C80
C15
Roast
Choc.
Black patent
Biscuit
Honey malt
Victory
Aromatic, malt

Hops:
Cascade
Cennrenial
Chinook
Hallateaur
Glacier
Northern brewer
I haven't made up my mind.

gee, if you had some munich i could help, but with those ingredients you're choices are pretty narrow. :D

I don't know what I am brewing this Sunday, but I got my starter ready to go. Wlp001 is the yeast I have, what should I brew?

2 row
Pale malt
White wheat
C 150
C 40
C80
C15
Roast
Choc.
Black patent
Biscuit
Honey malt
Victory
Aromatic, malt

Hops:
Cascade
Cennrenial
Chinook
Hallateaur
Glacier
Northern brewer

American Stout? I would normally use EKG, but the Hallertauer, Cascade, and NB would bprobably make a great stout with the 2-row, roast, chocolate, and maybe a touch (read like .2-.5 oz) of black patent. Some flaked barley would be nice, but it'll still taste great :mug:

I'm re-brewing Saccharomyces' Belgian Pale w/ WLP550...the first batch went WAY too fast :D

2 row
Pale malt
White wheat
C 150
C 40
C80
C15
Roast
Choc.
Black patent
Biscuit
Honey malt
Victory
Aromatic, malt

Hops:
Cascade
Cennrenial
Chinook
Hallateaur
Glacier
Northern brewer

I say make a blonde for the upcoming warmer weather. A SG of 1.050 w/ 2-row, 10L crystal (or 15L) maybe 4-8 oz of that honey malt. 1oz of NB hops for an hour and finish off last 5min with 1oz of cascade. Sounds like a easy brew day with a easy drinking final product.

2 row
Pale malt
White wheat
C 150
C 40
C80
C15
Roast
Choc.
Black patent
Biscuit
Honey malt
Victory
Aromatic, malt

Hops:
Cascade
Cennrenial
Chinook
Hallateaur
Glacier
Northern brewer

i would probably go with a 70 schilling or an irish red with that yeast, but that's just because i've been meaning brew one. you've got the grains for any style pale ale. cream ale would also work well with that yeast.

I just pitched yeast into the hefeweizen i brewed today. Everything went great except for the minor boilover... burned-on DME is super fun to clean up. I've got a Russian Imperial Stout lined up for Sunday.

Brewferm 20L Pilsner kit made with can of light brewferm extract and s German lager yeast white labs 2L starter Sg 1.43

Good sign was the starter tastes great.

Was going to brew tonight, but got distracted by a Blind Pig at the LHBS, a couple Red Chairs at the bar, and some homebrew and a Bigfoot at home. Heading to Eugene tomorrow, so I'll have to make due with the Ninkasi tap room. Guess brewing my RyePA is getting put off until Sunday. :D

Brewing ten gallons of arrogant bastard clone from CYBI (revised version of the team's 2nd attempt, darker and bitter-er), half of which will be OAKED! :rockin:

Brewing an ESB in a couple hours. Going to be consuming the chinook IPA I've got on tap while I do it. I'm a little jealous TWS, mine's sadly almost gone.

no brewing planned for this weekend. i will be bottling my maibock later today, though. :mug:

I actually forgot to mention the Munich, Carapils, Flaked Oats & Barely. So i think a stout is in session. I Just made a cream ale so that is out of the question SOB OCDAVE (though thanks for suggesting some honey malt in it, i will do that next). I still have about 30 beers of Irish Red I brewed a while back, so I will do that a little later.

Thanks Guys!

Hanging out with my two dogs, heating steep water for my extract IPA. Creedence Radio on last.fm. Drinking a cream ale. Whats up saturday?:rockin:

Brewed an AHS anniversary maibock, I think this is supposed to be brewed as a lager? I used Nottingham and its gonna be an ale.

Just put a Belgian Wit in the primary, made 2 gallons of JOAM and did a bunch of screen work on the bird cage. Tomorrow 3rd batch of salmon fest lager...

Just finished cleaning up from my oktoberfest. It was smelled awesome going into the fermenter. Cant wait on this one.

Doing a 10g batch of BMs Centennial Blonde...with 40oz of fresh ginger and 2 lemons zested and juiced (a la Dragontail's Ginger Beer recipe). And no, that's not a typo...40oz.

Getting ready for Anzak Day!

i just hooked up a keg of Vienna Lager that I triple decoction brewed back on 2/21/2011. It's been lagering since 3/05/2011. I decided to pull a quick sample. Even though it was uncarbonated it tasted absolutely awesome. should be ready by next week i think/hope. need a lagering fridge to make some more.

Brewed AHS's 20th Anniversary IPA last night. Pitched a starter of White Labs California Ale and it has been fermenting like it's going out of style. Going to be a few weeks, but I can't wait to get it in bottles.

Just did a partial mash Irish Red Ale last night, which I have named Provisional IRA (Erin Go Bragh hehe ;)). Made a fairly large starter and already seeing tons of krausen through the blow-off tube. Also put my saison and hard cider in secondary. Hit the spices just right on the saison, and no taste of rhino farts in the cider, so I'm feeling good. :mug:

Just finished a light IPA. A little 2-row and carapils, a little toasted flaked barley and some yakima magnum and cascades.

Just racked my Patersbier to secondary so I could use the yeast in another batch of the same I have boiling right now. I didn't feel like running to the LHBS today so I'm using some Fuggle I had on hand instead of the Saaz the recipe called for. Should be OK since the yeast is the star of this brew anyway.

Brewing an IPA, about 50 mins into mashing and just finished bottling 4 gallons of last batch.

Whoah, FML, i guess i had a stuck mash.
Worked it out someway and now i got some wort boiling atleast.

86 degrees here, Chocolate Stout is in an ice bath. If I'm lucky I'll get it to 64 so I can pitch. Florida Summer (your Spring) isn't cold enough for the immersion chiller to take it that low.

I've brewed 3 batches this week, since I got my biab rolling. Got some nice voile bags made(probably one of the least manly projects I've done so far), but now I dont have to call in the troops to help me lug out my keggles, stand etc. Its been very convenient.

Did an all-chinook IPA yesterday while bottling an Imperial RyePA. An ESB on friday. Then Wednesday I made an IPA with simcoe & chinook, then topped off with amarillo and cascade and 1 oz of oak cubes.

Just closed the bucket on an AG honey wheat. I harvested and stepped the yeast from a 6'r of Bell's 2 Hearted - half went in the wheat brew and half got washed and stored for later use.

Just put the 1st runnings of a 10 gal batch (my 1st:rockin:) of Saccharomyces Belgian Pale Ale into the keggle...5 gal went way too damn fast :D

Yesterday was a long day - 10 gals Cream Ale, 10 gals English Pale and 10 gals IPA. Should hold me over until June ...

Latest posts

Back