Yeaster Bunny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Please oh please oh please Yeaster Bunny. Bring me ingredients for the Barleywine Brewpastor posted. And give SWMBO and Son the strength they need to go shopping out of town ALL DAY and leave me the heck alone all day.

P.S. Thanks for the Yeaster "Grass" I found outside the other day while walking the dog. Haven't had creeper....I mean Peeps...in a while ;)

Didn't you hear, they got rid of the yeaster bunny. He's the Y-Spring Bunny now so nobody gets offended.

easter.jpg

"This is for Brody!"

It's "Gummo." From the good folks who brought you "Kids." A movie that somehow tries to be shocking, but fails because of its ridiculousness, that tries to be provocative yet comes across as pathetic, that fails in any way to be entertaining, all under the gentle sheen of pretension.

Yeaster Bunny - Please do not eat the hop bines! Two freezes in a week is trouble enough.

the_bird said:
easter.jpg

"This is for Brody!"

"Look mommy, a schooner."

"You dumb bastard...It's not a schooner it's a sailboat."

"A schooner is a sailboat, stupid-head!"

"You know what?!?!?! There is no Easter Bunny! Over there is just some guy in a suit!!!!!"

Man I love that movie.....

todd_k said:
"Look mommy, a schooner."

"You dumb bastard...It's not a schooner it's a sailboat."

"A schooner is a sailboat, stupid-head!"

"You know what?!?!?! There is no Easter Bunny! Over there is just some guy in a suit!!!!!"

Man I love that movie.....
ARRGH!
What movie? Is that Jay or what?

cha ngo said:
ARRGH!
What movie? Is that Jay or what?

:rolleyes:

mallrats.jpg

Incidentally, did anyone actually see Clerks II? I can't bring myself to watch it; seeing Kevin Smith being a failure at directing anything other than the Jersey Trilogy, then coming BACK to the well AGAIN... well, it's just kind of depressing.

the_bird said:
:rolleyes:

mallrats.jpg

Incidentally, did anyone actually see Clerks II? I can't bring myself to watch it; seeing Kevin Smith being a failure at directing anything other than the Jersey Trilogy, then coming BACK to the well AGAIN... well, it's just kind of depressing.

Mall Rats is the only one I've seen. I have seen parts of Dogma but that's about it.

Cheesefood said:

Holy crap! Donnie Darko! My SWMBO made me watch that movie just about 3 nights ago!!! I was surprised... it was pretty good. Low budget, no doubt, but pretty good all things considered.

todd_k said:
Mall Rats is the only one I've seen. I have seen parts of Dogma but that's about it.

You've GOT to watch Chasing Amy and Clerks... Mallrats is awesome, but it's nowhere near as good as those two. Dogma COULD have been a great flick if Smith would just write the script and get someone to direct who actually had a clue - just a single, solitary clue - on how to film an action sequence.

the_bird said:
You've GOT to watch Chasing Amy and Clerks... Mallrats is awesome, but it's nowhere near as good as those two. Dogma COULD have been a great flick if Smith would just write the script and get someone to direct who actually had a clue - just a single, solitary clue - on how to film an action sequence.

:off: It's all in what you like. I LOVED Clerks and Mallrats, HATED Chasing Amy. And Dogma (to me) is absolutely superb. As a born and raised Catholic I loved the ins and outs of it. SWMBO has yet to see it, she'd be apalled and she knows it.

That makes me the Family Heathen.

A title I can live with TYVM. :rockin:

Ize

I loved the writing of Dogma; I've got a copy of the old script kicking around somewhere that I read a couple years before the movie came out. KS simply CAN NOT direct a movie that requires any movement of the camera, any special effects, anything like that.

Have you EVER seen anything as ridiculous-looking as the Poopy Monster? ;)

Still a great movie, though... and hell, I loved Jay + Silent Bob Strike Back, but that really NEEDED to be the death of those characters.

the_bird said:
and hell, I loved Jay + Silent Bob Strike Back, but that really NEEDED to be the death of those characters.

I agree about a billion percent on that.

Of course, slacker that I am, I haven't seen Clerks 2 yet, and really, where would the flick be without em'?

Ize

the_bird said:
When I'm in Buffalo, it's all about Labatt's Blue and Molson Canadian. Don't disrespect the Blue. :D

Do me a favor, when you are in Buffalo, drink american! Many local choices here. Flying Bison! Pearl Street Brewery! What makes you think that canadian is any better in Buffalo than in the Berkshires? It's the same mass produced stuff there that it is here. Why do you think I started brewing my own---very tired of those two brews.

turfguy1969 said:
Do me a favor, when you are in Buffalo, drink american! Many local choices here. Flying Bison! Pearl Street Brewery! What makes you think that canadian is any better in Buffalo than in the Berkshires? It's the same mass produced stuff there that it is here. Why do you think I started brewing my own---very tired of those two brews.

It's a matter of what's available. We're usually staying with family, that's what's in the fridge. Plus, Canadian lagers are my guilty pleasure, and they go so good with wings...

Wife's family is mostly in West Seneca/South Buffalo. They usually get their pizza and wings from a local joint, Pasquale's. Wife's brother used to work there, they're still loyal after a decade. We've done Anchor Bar, of course, but not all that often. Jacaobi's is good, too, and we used to get pizza + wings from Abbott Pizza when her mom lived right around there.

great choices, we do pasquales often. Blasdell Pizzeria has a chicken wing pizza!! they are near mckinley mall.

try and get a growler of beer from the flying bison brewery, better, get off at transit and go down to main. the buffalo brew pub has a tremendous collection of micros and macros on tap 30 or so handles. Fish fry every day. If i didn't move around, i'd be 500 pounds living here. enjoy your next visit!

So where are you in Buffalo? We were just out there a couple weeks ago visiting. Wife's mother moved to Bath a few years ago, so we only make it to Buffalo probably once or twice a year now.

Well now that Molson is owned by coors... it's really Molson American. :D

Not really any better, the taste does tend to be differant though. A tad more hops. Kokanee (from labatts) is the closest to bud.

Sleemans still makes a decent product for a mega micro. Though some japanese brewery bought them out recently. They own OK Springs and Shaftsbury. (Shaftsbury used to make awesome beer when they were private, sadly being bought out meant more economical recipes...)

Back