Scented Oxy-Clean OK on glass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbaldman

Reaction score
I've been using the Oxy Free for all my cleaning needs but was wondering if I could use the scented to clean glass bottles (with a good rinse of course) and save the Free for plastics. I get the scented pretty cheap at Costco in the 15 lb box but the Free is more pricey. Just trying to shave a couple bucks if it's OK.

Yeah. You can also substitute all the grain in your recipe with table sugar - it's way cheaper than malt or extract. :D

JK. You're already saving money by using Oxi-Clean rather than B-Brite or soemthing similar. Don't cut the corner too much more. I would be hesitant to use the scented stuff. my .02

Yeah. You can also substitute all the grain in your recipe with table sugar - it's way cheaper than malt or extract. :D

JK. You're already saving money by using Oxi-Clean rather than B-Brite or soemthing similar. Don't cut the corner too much more. I would be hesitant to use the scented stuff. my .02

I've been using the scented Oxy for a couple years, mostly because I can't find the oxyfree. It works fine for glass and stainless. Can't comment on how it would work on plastic, I don't have any in my brewery.

regular oxyclean will leave a smell on plastics
so will dishwasher soap powder ...

i used them once.... and only once

however oxyclean works well in the dishwasher .... not that that has anything to do with what your asking

on anouther edit ... as long as you rinced it out really really really well youd prob be fine ...
but if you can get the oxyfree use that ...

Latest posts

Back