Its a keg Mystery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HangLoose

Reaction score
Ok so I have a double regulator set up (no secondary's). I tried using the second regulator for the first time today and lo and behold no gas. Humm, so crank up the pressure, no gas. So it occurs to me that maybe the gauge is bad, so I switch'em, no both gauges work. Damn so I tap the reg, shake everything around -I don't know what I'm doing. Must be the regulator so I filp the keg over (to heat the bubbles) and crank the pressure adjustment screw all the way in... bubbles! cool. but no pressure reads on the gauge. I walk away for a while and come back and still no pressure reading! Weird. Any idea whats up?

I feel like a dummy. Like the Challenger y keg suffered from a large O ring failure. Mystery solved.

I feel like a dummy. Like the Challenger y keg suffered from a large O ring failure. Mystery solved.

Uh oh....sorry, I already made the call...they'll be there in 20 minutes. Just feed them some snacks and they'll probably go away.

4.jpg

Back