Local beer swap-o-rama!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just showed up. Got them all out. Packed amazingly well. All made it. Think they would have had a plane crashed into them. Pics to follow after I do some research into what they all are. I'm excited to see a zombie dust though.

Awesome! Glad they made it in one piece! I realized that I didn't have a whole lot of Belgians for you so I threw the Allagash in there as an extra, it's a solid belgian stout but not local to me.
Enjoy!!

It's awesome. Like I said before in the end I got to pretend like it was Xmas in June and I got my fav present..... Beer.

image-1263589834.jpg

Attachments

• image-1779777012.jpg
    image-1779777012.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2154471545.jpg
    image-2154471545.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 116
  • image-877890833.jpg
    image-877890833.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1584089215.jpg
    image-1584089215.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 125
It is so fun seeing all these pictures thinking, "cool, i can get that" or "wow, what is THAT?" Can't wait to get in on one of these.

Give it a week or so. I'll start up another when this one is all complete.

Hopefully SWMBO will let me do it. I've got a fridge full of commercial beer (mostly IPAs), a couple of cases of a homebrew DIPA (I'm the only beer drinker in the house so I don't need a deep pipeline) and hopefully some Stone Enjoy By and Ruin10 on the way. Need to work through all this beer before it starts to change.

jglazer said:
Where does one find those styrofoam bottle holders seen in this last picture? Those are awesome.

I got those in a shipment from an online liquor store, I'm not sure if you can buy them anywhere. I've ordered from quite a few places and most of them use a corrugated bottle holder that works really well also but are meant to lay the bottles on their side.

Just a reminder guys, please leave iTrader feedback. Positive feedback on your profile always helps when someone is looking to potentially trade with you. Thanks!

So I got a package today from bigmike. He is one stellar guy. His original box broke in shipping and he did not want to wait to see if the remains were sent back. So he sent what he called "a little bit" to tide me over till he knows the fate of the original box and will then send the rest.

This guy deserves huge praise. I really appreciate his efforts. He has gone above and beyond. Thanks again Mike!

ForumRunner_20130614_111439.jpg

Keep me posted about the next one, i would LOVE to get in on this.

We still have just one more to ship. Keep an eye on this thread, as soon as the last package is recieved ill give a day or two's notice before starting up the next.

Alright guys....keep an eye out. The next round will start within the next two days. It will be a new thread.

If I get bored at work tomorrow....ill be posting up the new one tomorrow.

NormPeterson said:
I was thinking oak barrel casks already filled and been sitting for nearly a year. You know, nothing unreasonable.

Might have to include one of these as my "extra" in this round

Guys, I just had to share this with everyone:

Found this mystery box on my doorstep today when I arrived home:

View attachment 136106

It was filled with these tasty looking beers from two unknown (to me) Illinois breweries:

View attachment 136108

My suspicions were confirmed by PM; this box was sent by TheMan himself! I was the guy in Round 1 whose sender... Had other priorities... And Justin didn't want me to go without! Thanks Justin, you ARE TheMan, and this:

dotJerdot said:
The spirit of these swaps are generosity and what is awesome in your local area.

Says it all!

Cheers! :mug: :mug: :mug:

Latest posts

Back