Home brewing magazines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the obvious ones are Zymurgy and BYO. I also get Beeradvocate (waste of money if you ask me) and Draft (pretty good but more about beer and food not really brewing)

Zymurgy is pretty good but it has gone down hill in the past few years. At $38 a year (which includes membership in the AHA) it is pretty expensive. Brew Your Own I think is a better magazine and it is more affordable.

There is Celebrator? I learned of it listening to the brewing network show from last week.

I know nothing of it so maybe someone else can chime in.
(Capital Brewery Bockfest today!)

In my personal opinion (just after 2 issues, but first impression is everything), Zymurgy is terrible.

I need to check out BYO it seems.

I get zymurgy and beer advocate.

Beer Advocate sucks balls. I'm not resubscribing.

Zymurgy is OK. It's worth the money to me, but it only comes out (i think) 4 times a year. The only reason I get it is because of my AHA membership.

BYO is great. Get BYO.

brett said:
I get zymurgy and beer advocate.

Beer Advocate sucks balls. I'm not resubscribing.

Zymurgy is OK. It's worth the money to me, but it only comes out (i think) 4 times a year. The only reason I get it is because of my AHA membership.

BYO is great. Get BYO.
Zymurgy comes out 6 times a year now.

I agree with the others though that Zymurgy has gone down hill recently. They changed the format a few years ago for some reason (maybe to hide the fact that it was starting to slide). If it weren't for the AHA membership and the discounts that go with it, I wouldn't get it. I used to like it more than BYO, but BYO kicks its arse now.

There is also the Brewing News publication (http://www.brewingnews.com/) I do not subscribe, but I have picked up a copy here and there. It is not really geared to homebrewers, but is still well worth the cover price. I should subscribe...

Back