Start with a free chest freezer, then ? $$$

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davepeds

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Just wondering...
I'm trying to compare expected prices of newish equipment to some used stuff. There's lots of cheap chest freezers on the market. If I started there and wanted to have about 4 taps going, how much money am I looking at in the regulator, the taps - all but the kegs.

Because...there are also used kegerators/keezers on the market. I feel for the folks that built them, because I'm sure it wore them out and cost a lot of time and money. But, since I'm shopping, how do I know if I'm paying more money for their time/labor than I would value my own? Or, what should I expect to pay in supplies if I did it myself?
DOB

I don't know if this is helpful but I compiled an expense report of what it cost me start to finish.

image-975260154.jpg

image-3915888376.jpg

wow - that looks good! You have "kegging equipment," is that also the cost of taps and the etc?

Hi

Gee, I missed this one earlier. Three exact duplicate threads. Which of the three should we be posting in?

Bob

Legging equipment includes everything from beer/gas lines, disconnects, chrome per luck faucets, shanks, 4 corny kegs, dual regulator, 3-way valve, and all other miscellaneous clamps etc

I tried to keep a running total of my keezer build, but lost count. $60 for freezer, $50 for CO2 tank, $40 for keg, about $125 for tower and lines, $80 at Lowes for materials, $20 for CO2, $18 for temp controller. This is just what I can remember, finally got it all put together and in the house Tuesday night, kegged my first brew yesterday and waiting for good carbing, hopefully by the weekend.

image-3459729565.jpg

I apologize for the duplicate - everybody, please post replies in the strongest of the three triplet posts - the one with more than one page of replies. Sorry, Bob

Hi

No need for sorry. It's just nice to keep all the cool replies (and all my spam:D) all in one place.

Bob

Back