Info on Pleasanton, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatchinZs

Reaction score
All,

I'm heading out there for training next week and looking for restaurant and brewery info.
I know anchor brewing isn't far away but I don't think I can get over for a tour due to schedule.

I'm taking my wife and son (little over a year old) with me so keep that in mind for atmosphere....doesn't have to be some kids fun land but not a strip club either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

as noted in that other thread - the hopyard is good. i've been there a lot over the years for training and other meetings and we always get in a trip to the hopyard. it would be fine to take your kid in there it's not wild or anything.

SF is a good hour away and great if you have the time. numerous beer places over there and of course the anchor brewery.

berkley might be worth looking at too - it's reachable by BART or car and it's nearer than SF, plus it has loads of students and that usually means there's beer to be had...

Sorry all,

I would have never guessed that someone would have asked the same thing regarding pleasanton...I mean what really are the odds. :)

Thanks.

No need to be sorry as you were assuming correctly. The weather in Pleasanton should be real nice if it isn't raining but ask them to change the training city to Santa Cruz.:) We are somewhat eccentric bordering on crazy.

If you've never been, you really do need to visit SF. There's a BART Station in Dublin, not far from Pleasanton.
map500.gif

Public transportation works well in the Bay Area. Parking a car doesn't.

Yeah I had two choices for this training.
Pleasanton or Woking, UK....there wasn't a shot in hell of my company sending me to the UK so I'll take what I can get. :D

The last training I was at was in South Beach, FL....that is one crazy freaking town.
I was there in the off season so it was nice but still a little on the edge.

ma2brew said:
If you've never been, you really do need to visit SF. There's a BART Station in Dublin, not far from Pleasanton.

Public transportation works well in the Bay Area. Parking a car doesn't.

Without a doubt we will make the trip over to SF...I'd be stupid not to. I was thinking about going to the 21 amendment but time will tell.

spiesekammer

my absolute favorite restaurant in the east bay. they usually have some pleasant music and excellent food. try their specials. the goose i had last time i was there was to die for. plus, they have an awesome beer selection on tap :mug:

it's about a half-hour drive from alameda, but well worth it! (it's about the same from oakland ;))

Back