time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20110824_201535.jpg

There are some big breweries that make this style of beer, but often times, they are not available to the public.

Another hint: The reason that the breweries don't always release this beer to the public is because they are typically made to be consumed by a certain group of people, especially on special occasions.

Sweeeet. Was not expecting that. I'm at work late but I can probably post one tonight. If I don't have one up in three hours somebody else can go

24 hour rule. This one might be difficult, maybe not though. It is a commercial brew, and it proclaims on the bottle that it is the only such example of this particular brew with regards to an ingredient.

ForumRunner_20110826_174918.jpg

bottlebomber said:
24 hour rule. This one might be difficult, maybe not though. It is a commercial brew, and it proclaims on the bottle that it is the only such example of this particular brew with regards to an ingredient.

Black IPA

Interesting guesses... none right so far. Next clue: this beer is a imported beer, but is a cooperative effort between two breweries, one of which is domestic and is VERY well known as a craft brewery

smurfwar said:
Rye Porter

First to call porter hehe
This game is killing me. I keep thinking so much about it and start coming up with wild weird beer ideas.
So here goes.
Pine needle porter.

Aww man you guys are never going to guess it this way. The brewery that cooperated with another, foreign brewery to produce this beer is Dogfish Head

Tamarillo porter - DFG/Epic Portamarillo
I have no photos so I forfeit (if I am right)

mattd2 said:
Tamarillo porter - DFG/Epic Portamarillo
I have no photos so I forfeit (if I am right)

You is. Ill have to say I liked it, didn't love it. For $8.99 a 22, I can't say id recommend it to a friend. Anyone can go now I guess, if you don't have any pics.

ForumRunner_20110827_202718.jpg

The color gave it away more than your clue did... it just looks pumpkiny.

Here's the next one.

Another commercial beer, fairly well known, and one of the more difficult styles to make at home.

ForumRunner_20110829_063003.jpg

Back