Kansas City Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellabrew2009

Reaction score
I am new to Kansas City and just starting out Brewing. Just wondering if there are any meet ups in the area.

for some reason the kcbiermeister's website is blocked by my company's firewall because it's marked as "Abused Drugs." thought that was weird and figured I'd share.

In addition to the KC Bier Meisters there's some group that meets out by Lake Lotawana, and another that meets somewhere up by Liberty. I don't know anything about these groups, except that they exist.

ZZhops.com for the lake lotawana group.

If you want to participate in some group buys, the guy who runs apexbrewwares.com does a group buy every 3-4 months or so for bulk grains. He's out of Independence near 291 and 35th St.

That is funny, to my knowledge the website kicked its drug habit years ago :)

The KCBM club is meeting next Friday on the 18th if anyone is interested in trying it out.

ha ha, glad to hear the site is on the straight and narrow now! I just posted a thread about this, but figured I could ask here as well. Is there much of a group in the club that does cider brewing? It seems to be the red-headed stepchild of the brewing scene.

Funny you asked that, The meeting topic for January is actually all about cider. Since you can't access the site, here is what is on the front page:

Topic: Our member and BJCP National Beer Judge, Amy Satterlund, will tell us how to make great ciders.

I apparently missed the January meeting. I was talking to Alberta at the store and she mentioned she thought the meetings were "up north". Is that accurate? I live in Liberty and you know, a guy can be tired after a meeting and driving sleepy is dangerous. :)

KCBM meets at: Communication Workers of America Union Hall, 6415 Universal Ave, Kansas City, MO. I think you're only 11 miles away, which is a lot closer than I am (I'm 30 miles).

Back