Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly guys. I'm not trying to be an assh*le. It just comes natural!!! Just ask my wife!
It was an awesome game to watch. Super clean, hard hitting hockey. Love it!

Will Phoenix win a game?

Being from PA I won't take the shut I normally would if NJ loses to NY like I would've if they lost to Philly so I'm pretty happy already. Being a Devils fan I know that taking out both teams in the same playoff year is monumental. I think the Devils were the better team last night, doesn't matter cause they couldn't score. I'm hoping the Rangers get tired and the Devils get the odd man rushes so they can shoot at just one goalie. I do respect Lundqvist, I think his chest protector is oversized but he's still very good. Not sure if Torts is a **** or not but he's definitely a cry baby, like an uneducated fan that thinks everything is a penalty. This is fun thread, let's not get too serious because after all, none of us are actually playing. Or are we?

Well put Siv. By the way, what's your name refer to? I always think of a siv goalie when I read your name.

I think that LA will sweep the western finals. Between Suter, Brown, Kopitar, Quick, and Mitchell, they have a great thing going right now. Mix in a guy like Dustin Penner, and you've got a great recipe for success.

Phoenix isn't as bad as they looked in game 1. LA has really come together though, I'll agree with that. I say Smith steals one, 2 if he gets some help.

ColbyJack said:
Well put Siv. By the way, what's your name refer to? I always think of a siv goalie when I read your name.

I could lie but yeah, I played goalie growing up until about 5 years ago. After feeling a tweak in the same knee I had torn my meniscus I traded in the pads for road and mountain biking. I was never a great skater so I stuck to roller hockey. We had some guys from the Pro Beach league if you've ever heard of it. Mostly just fun men's league stuff but we had some guys who could shoot in the 90's, plastic pucks still hurt! Oh and I had my stomach pumped when I was 15 so it works both ways;)

That's funny. I was a goalie as a kid, but my parents never had the cash for the good gear, and forward gear, so I gravitated to defense. I did suit up in college for a game while we were on the road. Our starter got hurt, so I warmed up. Lucky for my teammates I didn't get any real ice time.
Roller hockey isn't big up in AK because our summers are short, and everyone is out of town as much as possible during the multitude of fishing and hunting seasons.

Sweeeet, Carter off a great play by Penner makes it 2-0.

Am I the only one here? Feel like jtkratzer right now...

rjwhite41 said:
Look at them forecheck, it's unreal.

0 shots on goal for the Coyotes' last powerplay.

The Kings have been brilliant these entire playoffs though. To be the bottom seed, barely squeaking into the playoffs, and be sitting there with (what'll likely be) a 10-1 record in the playoffs is just insane.

Smith takes a huge whack at Brown and Brown gets a diving call? That was clearly a very strong swing.

sivdrinks said:
Why is that a tough call? He was trying to get the puck and he got boarded.

The call is obvious but you have to protect yourself better than that. No reason to put yourself in that position and there was no way Doan could stop himself. The embellishment penalty was ridiculous.

sivdrinks said:
Why did Brown get a penalty? Embellishing? Wow. Wish I could stay up, Phoenix is unraveling.

Mike Smith took a roughing penalty in the last game, and here he gets one chopping away at Brown. The Kings are clearly doing a good job getting under his skin, and Smith is doing a terrible job of handling it.

"Unraveling" is right.

Wow, I hope Brown is okay after Hanzal's bullshìt boarding hit. Losing him would be a huge deal... if the Kings win the Cup, I would bet on him winning the Conn Smythe.

Carter with the Hat Trick!

Phoenix needs to get their shìt together. They can't win, so they're just trying to do damage now? Terrible.

Read in the local paper Marty said if the Rangers are going to block so many shots they'll have to start aiming at their heads. Really!!

That's it, all respect lost. Crash the net boys!!!! Put this d-bag into retirement!!! Get him an AARP membership!!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!

Northjerzyg said:
Read in the local paper Marty said if the Rangers are going to block so many shots they'll have to start aiming at their heads. Really!!

That's it, all respect lost. Crash the net boys!!!! Put this d-bag into retirement!!! Get him an AARP membership!!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!

Pretty sure it was a lighthearted comment. Also said they may get lucky and break someone's ankle. Not sure what the problem is, if your gonna stick body parts in front of shots then you hafta expect to get hurt at some point.

Easy Jerzy, I would be saying much much much worse if I were playing the Rangers. The thing what bothers me most about these blocks is the way they are doing it these days... face first!!! That's nuts.
Of course we were taught to slide with shins on stick tape, or stand straight up and cover your nuts. These guys get low, turn their body sideways, and poke. Scary!
Now. That said, it is much more effective this way. You get more opportunity to recover from a faked shot, and take away more low ice where the puck is actually going.
Blocking shots. Its the new boarding.

Martin Brodeur, a d-bag? That's funny. He's a legend. I hate him for one reason, and one alone. He's not wearing blue!!!

I think he's just mad, for two reasons........ One, right now, he's losing the series to Hank. Two, he knows in a few years he may be losing his records to the same guy. All of which were set during the trap defense era.

Wonder what his career shots on goal look like compared to other "legends"?

What he doesn't realize possibly is that he's just fueling the fire for Rangers and Ranger fans. MSG is gonna be BOOMING LOUD TONIGHT!!!!!

The cream will rise to the top in the end.

Go DEVILS!!!

I'd give the fallen Rangers a courtesy pour on the dirt, but it would have to be from a can of Natty Light :)

Back