Black and Blue Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gannawdm

Reaction score
Went to a pub yesterday that introduced me to a "black and blue" - a mix of guiness and blue moon. It was quite tasty. I happened to have a lightly oaked oatmeal stout and a fresh belgian wit, so I tried the combo at home. Quite delicious and refreshing. I recommend it if you have a stout and a belgian wit in your stash.

I just read this and had a wit and stout on tap...had to try it. It's pretty funny because the head is white but the beer is dark :p It really isn't bad...I think the stout kicks the wit in the pants a bit as far as flavor but it tastes like some kind of girl scout cookie...maybe I'll start adding wheat to my stouts :mug:

Or, hmmm (I think I'm coming up with an idea for my brew list...), what about a stout brewed with coriander seed, bitter orange peel, and a Belgian yeast strain? (And perhaps a handful of wheat thrown in for good measure as Teromous suggested...)

Back