Hops Group Buy in Chicago #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would buy a pound of Simcoe if someone is willing to pick up for me; I most likely wouldn't be able to make the pickup, which is why I've held off thus far.

Ok, we have 11 pounds of Simcoe that is available that needs to be closed so we have the full 88 pounds. Is there anybody that want to pickup more? Just PM me and it will be first come first serve

Gumming up the works again, sorry. Im currently on for 5 lbs of simcoe you can bump me up to the original 11lb from Tuesday. I'm sure by the next bulk grain buy in spring someone will be ready for some.

Wheaton. PsuedoChef picked up my grain for me...we just met halfway at Binny's, worked great. My schedule is somewhat unpredictable, so I can't commit to driving to Bill's.

OK, all accounted for. Bill you can run the reports as all the numbers should match, and folks can start paying the man.

I'm a bit out of the loop, even after skimming these posts. I see that Simcoe is close to finishing, and that will likely be the end of the buy. I also have access to see what's left of the hops that I tried ordering. It seems to be that the hops will take4 days to be delivered.
What I don't know of is if the order was already placed so that we may get them in by the upcoming weekend. If not, I apologize Bill but I would not be able to get to your place until the following weekend at earliest.
I also haven't made a payment yet. It seems like we are paying the partial amount for just the hops themselves, and then we are expecting to make the delivery charge payment at a later date?? I tried to look at the spreadsheet yesterday, and so no "paid" signs. I tried to look today, but need to get access granted.
I know this is a whole lot of words here to get to a point, but I wanted to make sure that I clarified ahead of time instead of trying to do so later. So, the major question is, should I be sending Bill payment for hops with the price listed on Ghoti's dashboard site?

OK, all accounted for. Bill you can run the reports as all the numbers should match, and folks can start paying the man.

spreadsheet has been updated. please send me your amount owed. remember, there will be an additional amount for shipping costs that you will need to pay once I get the final invoice. I will send the order in tomorrow morning.

bmason1623 said:
spreadsheet has been updated. please send me your amount owed. remember, there will be an additional amount for shipping costs that you will need to pay once I get the final invoice. I will send the order in tomorrow morning.

Paypal to your gmail address? +3% to cover fees?

I'm a bit out of the loop, even after skimming these posts. I see that Simcoe is close to finishing, and that will likely be the end of the buy. I also have access to see what's left of the hops that I tried ordering. It seems to be that the hops will take4 days to be delivered.
What I don't know of is if the order was already placed so that we may get them in by the upcoming weekend. If not, I apologize Bill but I would not be able to get to your place until the following weekend at earliest.
I also haven't made a payment yet. It seems like we are paying the partial amount for just the hops themselves, and then we are expecting to make the delivery charge payment at a later date?? I tried to look at the spreadsheet yesterday, and so no "paid" signs. I tried to look today, but need to get access granted.
I know this is a whole lot of words here to get to a point, but I wanted to make sure that I clarified ahead of time instead of trying to do so later. So, the major question is, should I be sending Bill payment for hops with the price listed on Ghoti's dashboard site?

I sent you an invitation to view the spreadsheet. check the email that you used in the database. if you can't find my email then PM me your email address and I will send you a new invitation. I had to make the spreadsheet accessible via invitation since people were posting the price sensitive link in public.

I sent you an invitation to view the spreadsheet. check the email that you used in the database. if you can't find my email then PM me your email address and I will send you a new invitation. I had to make the spreadsheet accessible via invitation since people were posting the price sensitive link in public.

Ah, I see it now. Thanks Bill, yesterday was a brew club day so I did not and am not processing information very well. Fingers crossed on a delivery for this weekend!

Given the short week this week due to Thanksgiving, I really doubt that we will receive shipment this week. I will ask for Friday delivery but I wouldn't bank on it.

Which brings up something else to note. The hops will be pre-packaged for everyone to pick up once a pick up date is determined (see above). There will be a group of us splitting the hops and vacuum sealing everything so all you have to do is swing by and pick up. I do not want too many people working on the same thing because it can get confusing like the splits on the last grain buy. I hope everyone understands.

I have been thinking that it would be fun to have a base recipe, and allow folks to pick the hops, schedule and 1 extra specialty malt.

i'm up for it. I have room inside my building (for the time being anyway) where a few us could brew indoors this winter to do what TBU and ghoti are proposing. I have fire extinguishers too. :)

Ok, the spreadsheet has been updated with those that have paid and their balance. Keep in mind that the shipping costs have not been entered yet. Also, not only is a certain hop being out of stock a concern but the prices are subject to change, although this is unlikely IMHO.

bmason1623 said:
Given the short week this week due to Thanksgiving, I really doubt that we will receive shipment this week. I will ask for Friday delivery but I wouldn't bank on it.

Which brings up something else to note. The hops will be pre-packaged for everyone to pick up once a pick up date is determined (see above). There will be a group of us splitting the hops and vacuum sealing everything so all you have to do is swing by and pick up. I do not want too many people working on the same thing because it can get confusing like the splits on the last grain buy. I hope everyone understands.

Thanks guys that actually sounds pretty great to me. That's a lot of work and I for one appreciate it.

Thanks guys that actually sounds pretty great to me. That's a lot of work and I for one appreciate it.

agreed, it seems like I'm being asked to sit back and let someone handle all of the work. I think that I can oblige. Thanks to those that working with Bill on this!

QA/QC idea... use sheets of pre-printed sticky labels - with hops variety, quantity, and buyer's name. Should help safeguard against operator :tank: errors.

Roll that cost of those (should be negligible) in with the bags & shipping payment.

I just emailed our 'purchase order'. Should hear back tomorrow. Please start sending in payments. In the event that some hops are out of stock or prices have changed we will have to send payments back and forth. The spreadsheet will keep track of everything.

I just emailed our 'purchase order'. Should hear back tomorrow. Please start sending in payments. In the event that some hops are out of stock or prices have changed we will have to send payments back and forth. The spreadsheet will keep track of everything.

Hey Bill, is Chase quick pay still an option? Or do you prefer Paypal? I can't remember your email address, so if yo prefer Paypal I will need you to PM me your address. Thanks.

when sending payment please reference your hbt username somewhere so I know who you are. thanks.

FYI, I will helping out with the packaging and will bring back anyone's order out to the western suburbs. Just PM me and I will grab your order to prevent you having to drive all the way into the city.

So did all that Simcoe get spoken for? I just tried to add mine and the hop-buy option didn't show up for me.

when sending payment please reference your hbt username somewhere so I know who you are. thanks.

DOH! Did not see this before I sent my payment. You should get $26.45 from an e-mail account geocar****@yahoo.com. I had it drafted from my bank to you, so there should be no extra fees.

Ty, I'm not sure if ghoti added you for a pound or not - bottom line I can gladly spare some from my stock. I've already paid Bill so it will be outside the 'official' buy. Let's get confirmation if he'd counted you in the scramble for the last 5lbs.

In unrelated news.. Homedepot now has the magic chef 7.0 cft freezer for $158, Menards has an off brand 5.0 cft for ~$138. decisions decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back