Stubby Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vorsicht709

Reaction score
My cadet corps recent had a bottle drive, so thinking of my boston ale and its need for bottles I had a look for some brown pop tops, and I came across a couple dozen Stubby bottles. It turns out there is a craft brew here in newfoundland that bottles its 6 packs in stubbies.

They seem way thicker, and darker then normal bottles, plus i think they look kinda cool. Anyone else have any experience bottling with these??

100_0195.jpg

100_0196.jpg

Stubbies are cool! I have bottled using Red Stripe bottles. No problem. Go for it.

I like that they have no labels(seemingly). they were thinking of us when they did that and more companies should follow their example. Stubbies are beast I love unique bottles.

Ahhh,

....the old stubbies. I drank my first beers from those bottles, and I am really not that old. Maybe we switched to the long necks a little later up here in Canada.

I buy a sixer of red stripe from time to time just for nostalgia.

I have about 6 cases of red stripe bottles, but don't use them as often because they have the painted on labels, does anyone know how to get the painted on labels off of the bottles?

Donasay said:
I have about 6 cases of red stripe bottles, but don't use them as often because they have the painted on labels, does anyone know how to get the painted on labels off of the bottles?
Toss them in your leftover StarSan. After a week, the paint should pretty much just fall off.

Back