Thirsty Musicians?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much homebrew is needed to perform music?

• Psh, I dont drink and make music. This is serious stuff dude

• I like a few to loosen up, maybe a couple on stage with me

• I safe the beverages for after the performance

• Dude...I have a hard time REMEMBERING shows I've played

Results are only viewable after voting.

half_whit

Reaction score
Any other musical brewers out there? Use this thread to share your videos/recordings/webpages! Whether you do solo work, play in a band, sing in a choir, or play the electric triangle. Lets show each other some support in our different crafts.
Music=art. Beer=art. Music=beer? (cue twilight zone music)

I'll start! Check out my band Restless Ammunition! Its me and three guys I went to college with playing gross punk songs. We just finished up a 5 song EP you can download for free here:
http://restlessammunition.bandcamp.com/
website here:
www.restlessammunition.com
facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/restlessammunition

Cheers!

I'm a guitarist, used to be bass player but guitar fits my personality. I'm fiddling around with trying to learn to play the banjo a bit.

I have some kind of guitar learning disability, but I keep ridin' that short bus to class... :eek:

I find that the more other people drink while I'm playing, the better they think I sound.

Funnily enough when I only played guitar and did a bit of backing vocals I could get really tanked:tank: and no problems whatsoever. Since starting up this band I tend to do a lot of main vocals and all the guitar, and I'm really crap at remembering lyrics at the best of times, so certain songs are really demanding plus I also notice that drinking alcohol makes my vocal chords fall apart faster than having a pint of soda and lime to get me through sets. Mind you, we frequently do about 35 songs a night of which I'm main vocals on about 50 to 60%.

Here are a few vids if anyone's interested.

:D:fro::rolleyes::mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I play as a hobby. Once in a while I'll have a glass or two while practicing and there is a spot where I sound really good, then shortly after that it's all down hill.

Wish I had a few friends who played bass and drums. Wish I could find the time to install some software and learn how to program bass and drums...

I am a "solo musician". I have been playing guitar for about 15 years. I played in and out of bands for 10 years, and decided that I don't play well with others! So, this project I have recently started working on is called March of the Sloth. I named my brewery Sloth brewing because of it. But here is a song I recorded some months ago. If I continue to post any of these on HBT, please know that the sound is going to change dramatically. I would like to focus more on what I love most, which is instrumental metal. But here is my ambient song!.......................................
[ame]http://youtu.be/YWXfCQHF6TU[/ame]

Played guitar for years in a band and got nowhere. Just so-so and now I and a few friends get together each Wednesday night to play all type of songs, mostly covers but a few written by a good friend who wrote tons of songs when she was younger. It was mostly acoustic but we've added things to it.
Teaching myself mandolin and banjo just for fun.
We sometimes play at open mic nites and at a local coffee house for an hour and we bring our homebrew to loosen up.

Been gigging for 25+ years. Still do about 4/5 gigs a month. Currently in a bluegrass band & also play guitar in an alt-county band doing mostly originals. We pick Thursday's at my house & sometimes drink my homebrew in mass quantities.

Back