Oxygenating wort with yeast added

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dude101

Reaction score
Soo.. I am doing a Vienna lager and I need a large starter. I don't have a gallon container for the starter. I was thinking I would do a 2 gallon starter in my 6 gallon carboy refrigerate than decant. Add the wort to that 6 G carboy and than oxygenate. Does shaking the carboy with yeast already added present taste problems?

dude101 said:
Soo.. I am doing a Vienna lager and I need a large starter. I don't have a gallon container for the starter. I was thinking I would do a 2 gallon starter in my 6 gallon carboy refrigerate than decant. Add the wort to that 6 G carboy and than oxygenate. Does shaking the carboy with yeast already added present taste problems?

Do you not have a gallon of almost finished milk? You can also use a smaller vessel and step up your starter as well using: Www.yeastcalc.com

You could also do as you suggested and shaking would be great as you would aerate and stir the yeast cake at the same time:)

Latest posts

Back