Pocket Brewer for Windows Phone 7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryodom

Reaction score
So in December I purchased a HTC phone with Windows Phone 7. No brewing apps out there! So I started writing one and published it to the marketplace. Pocket Brewer

Currently it's functionality is unit conversions, calculation tools and a scratch pad. These for me are the primary functions I typically need when brewing because I plan out the recipe ahead of time and fall in to situations needing to convert, calculate or take notes when I'm actually out back brewing.

It actually took me a little longer than I thought it would to write logic for the different calculations. I probably did more math on this pet project than I've done since college. When my actual work project schedule cools own I will get to add the additional features I want to create such as creation, storage and conversion of recipes. I have some of my planned features here and am open for suggestions.

Anyway just wanted to put that out there for all you Windows Phone 7 owners.

I will be getting this, I checked for a brew app when I had my WP7.

I had to get rid of mine because I purchased the Dell Venue Pro, what a horrible phone it froze up constantly, I finally got my money back from Dell. I was going to purchase the HD7, but I read a rumor the the Mozart is coming to T-Mobile. So I may have to wait even longer.

I have the HTC Surround. It got "OK" reviews but it was cheap, available and the SWMBO liked it. So far no problems and it takes one hell of a beating from my one year old when she swipes it off the table so it's durable.

I wish T-Mobile would have a selection like AT&T.

Does the app have a timer/alarm for hop additions? Would I be able to put the recipe on the program? I know its just the first version, so I will still purchase it, the screenshots look nice.

Nevermind, just saw the upcoming features tab.

I've started on the recipes and figured out what I need to do to run a recipe with alarms. It ain't really rocket science compared to the kind of stuff I deal with every day but I still have to find time between work, clients, kids, wife, baby and drinking to deal with the work, clients, kids, wife and baby. But yes all that is definitely coming in the next couple of months. I just have to find some downtime and since I do have a strong desire to get that functionality going for my own brewing it's high on the personal priority scale. I appreciate you showing interest. Don't hestitate to let me know anything else you'd like to see.

Back