Day after Christmas Projects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battery_BreweryNJ

Reaction score
The 1st project I tackled was this old Corney keg that i got for $5 at my local Restaurant & Bar supply store.(They had this one and an old coke Pin-lock that looked like it was run over by a truck) They had been sitting behind an used beer cooler in the supply room and since it was x-mas eve the owner made me a deal i couldn't refuse. I stripped all the parts and soaked them 4 a good 2 days in Oxi-clean. and what do you know, It holds pressure!!!:)
The only things that suck is there is no pressure relief valve and the liquid out post has a chunk missing out of it. I'm going to my lhbs to see about a replacement this weekend.
Equip_corney.jpg

Equip_corney2.jpg

The 2nd project was a makeshift jockey box for this NYE party I'm going to.
For now I have just beer hose on the inside, but I'm looking into SS tubing. Which I know is pretty pricey. Does anyone know where i could get some at a decent price?
Equip_Jockeybox.jpg

Equip_Jockeybox2.jpg

I've got some here at the house, Batt, but I don't think I could get it to you before NYE. Lookin' like a great project, Bro!
Beers,
Ken

I've got some here at the house, Batt, but I don't think I could get it to you before NYE. Lookin' like a great project, Bro!
Beers,
Ken
How much do you have? Even if it is after NYE i'm sure it'll beat the prices i've seen online.
You will need to change the jocky box (or put your keg in ice) the short piece of rubber hose wont do jack for dropping temps.

I am planing on putting the keg on ice the box is going to be mainly for effect. Its beats a regular old picnic tap.

No pictures, but I spent much of the afternoon cutting dead-falls that are blocking my driveway. With a little luck, I'll be able to get the truck down there Monday and remove the debris.

Day 13 of the Great Snow. Rather tough when there aren't any snow plows in the area. And the new soil cultivators are useless for removing snow, unlike the old tractor blades.

Back