The Cadillac of fermenters and brew assemblies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor

Reaction score
Want to see some really cool stuff?

I was at a brew day this weekend courtesy of the North Texas Home Brewers Association. The host was doing a basic extract brew with specialty grains using a modified keg as kettle. Informative for the beginning brewer, like myself, but not extraordinary.

Before I arrived, the club president told me that the host was "the gadget guy." When I arrived, I saw why. The man had quite the collection of beer making equipment. A shed filled with carboys, coolers and other tools. Several refrigerators with taps, etc. Burners, grinders and kettles at the ready.

What really blew my mind was his new "toys." First, he had a three-kettle assembly, piped together and wired to monitor temperature, time, and other factors. The burners looked like a collection of mini rocket engines. The other "toy" was a large funnel kettle, insulated and equipped with cooling motors like those on electric coolers.

Realistically, I can't imagine having such a setup. Don't get me wrong - I love beer and brewing. These rigs, though - WOW! I think they cost a couple of grand each, which is a little :p above the scope of my imagination, not to mention pocketbook. Nonetheless, they were pretty cool to see. I attach pictures for your brewing - I mean viewing - pleasure.

Enjoy.

Funnel fermentor extraordinaire.JPG

The killer kettle konfiguration.JPE

Control panel, kettles.JPg

I don't think I would ever need that kind of setup, but I'm sure it simplifies a few of the steps. I like my homemade mash/lauter tun and my wort chiller. It adds to the "I did it myself" aspect to the hobby. Although those conical fermenters are tempting...

Thanks, More for a brew pub i'd say. It'd be great if you had the facilities to build something like that from scratch. I don't think I could drink all the beer it could produce.

I only have one thing to say on this subject www.sabcobrewmagic.com

If you have something as elaborate as this system, why make it a RIMS. Wouldn't it be better to add a motor powered stirrer to the mash and control the flame to heat the mash. This way you can easily do step mashes and get good mix for the mash. RIMS on this set-up is like having a big a$$ Cadillac with a 4 cylinder engine ;)

Kai

Beermaker said:
Check out my link to my systems pics.......

*shakes fist at Beermaker* Link to every beer website ont he planet except this one, will you! A pox on your barley!

:)

I thought in order to be called a "gadget guy" you had to actually build some of the gadgets. He paid a lot of money for everything you have pictured.

You can own better equipment for less money if you build it yourself. I paid $800 for my 30 gallon setup with 2 fermenters but it took me 6 months to build.

You think that conical is nice here are my fermenters......

Secondary1.jpg

Back