Honey Maple Brown Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delaney

Reaction score

Will add Honey and Maple syrup at flameout.

Maple syrup is Medium (grade B?)...Canadians don't use the ABC system for this stuff I guess

For sure...sorry the number amounts are hard to read...it's 3 lbs Maris Otter not 8 haha.

This is going down tomorrow! I'm excited/nervous about this one, kind of like a first date

OG 1.051 @ 78F....23L mark was not made on primary fermentor, therefore volume was estimated when topping up with water.

It got infected, I was brewing with my friend who's a novice...he splashed dirty sink water into the unpitched wort...

That being said, it still turned out OK...but not great...It was too dry and thin.

I'm pretty sure the maltodextrin was fermented by the fermentation, so I'm not sure how much would be appropriate to counter this dryness.

Thanks. I may change a few things and give it a try.

Cool, let me know how it turns out. Just a warning, I think the 500g of maltodextrin might have been a typo...seems like a lot to me. I`d research the amount you`re using and not go by that amount.

I haven't been brewing lately. We're busy fixing up a few things around the house. I found out I'm getting posted this summer so brewing will have to be carefully planned since the moving company won't move and alcohol (store bought or home brew).

I am planning to brew this, a Kolsch and some cider before I leave though. I'll let you know once I look into it.

Back