What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics on the camera not the phone tonight, hoping they'd be better quality and too lazy to upload now, but tonight I tasted -

Hill Farmstead Anna, Flora, E., Arthur, Clara, Juicy, Birth of Tragedy, Genealogy of Morals, Everett, and Twilight of the Gods. Founders 06 KBS, Anchorage Love Buzz, & some other stuff I can't remember.

BrewinHooligan said:
More White House Honey Porter. Been a good night

Hi there, just brewed the white house honey porter tonight. Og was high, 1.086. Added water to get it to 1.068. How did your OG turn out? 1.068 on track?

My Russian Imperial Stout, out of the bottling bucket, in a glass because there was leftover at bottling time. the recipe has rye malt and midnight wheat in it.

First try of my old ale. Very green and definitely needs some serious aging. I'm going to taste it again the day before NHC registration to see if it's even worth entering. My guess is that it won't be. There's always next year, though.

20130217_002500.jpg

Had a good day hung out at the Elkhead taproom trying an assortment of beers, Golden, Extra, Stout, Fire(peppers), Fruit Juice(cant remember), winter warmer, then some Immortal IPA and now this columbian common

Another great beer from New England Brewing Co. Most Belgian beers I try either have too much of either banana clove phenols but this has a great balance between banana and clove character. Nice malty sweetness and barely perceptible bitterness rounds everything out.

20130217_115500.jpg

Another great beer from New England Brewing Co. Most Belgian beers I try either have too much of either banana clove phenols but this has a great balance between banana and clove character. Nice malty sweetness and barely perceptible bitterness rounds everything out.

Love that beer, love the artwork

j1laskey said:
The question is what ain't I drinking? Redbones in Davis Sq on a snowy Sunday

Sick place, man! What's on cask today?

Somewhere on this thread, or somewhere else on HBT, someone said this combo was awesome and it stuck with me. Windy and gross outside, this is wonderful!

image-2063849519.jpg

The pic's on my phone and I don't have time to transfer it to my laptop since my in-laws, my wife and I are about to head out for an early dinner, but I just had a Modus Hoperandi from Ska Brewing. Love, love, love this beer!

LoloMT7 said:
You on a mission to get tanked alan? :D

Just trying to get "right" on a lazy Sunday afternoon, haha. Yesterday was a super busy brewing/kegging/yeast washing (first time) day. SWMBO had to work and I had to accomplish all of that while watching our 16 month old son (ok, my buddy did almost everything while I barked instructions at him, something about 13.5gal of boiling sugar water and a toddler). First time pitching a slurry also, it was bubbling away when I woke up at 6 this morning.

I feel your pain... i usually brew with my 10 month old and he's a huge helper.. im on to the next spot in Hamilton... gonna work my way back towards home and get adjusted all the way there 2 more breweries to go

ForumRunner_20130217_143052.png

EllisTX said:
I hear really good things about that. A local bar is supposed to be getting a keg to tap of that in a week or two. I'm going to try and make it. I'm sippping on a Real Ale Dry Hopped Porter. Impressed.

I sampled a little bit before I got it filled. It tasted pretty good from the tiny sample I had. I was trying to decide between this and a Coffee Black IPA brewed by Buffalo Bayou Brewing but I didn't care for that one once I sampled it. The coffee came through really strong and clashed with the hops too much and left the beer with a funny taste.

Latest posts

Back