What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
histo320 said:
I bought a Sample Pack of Dundee - it has an IPA, Porter, English Style, and a Nut Brown.

Overall its not bad but its not great. I was disappointed that they weren't pop off tops as I need more bottles.

I got one of those last year and still have 1/2 left ... I thought the IPA was tolerable but the other three were bad.

Speaking of bad, while waiting in line for the Hobbit at the Movie Tavern I got a Sam Adams Winter Lager. Definitely not feeling it.

image-2802161061.jpg

First Brown Shugga. Got a couple 6ers to cellar for next xmas and figured I should pop one. I can see why it's better with some age on it. Not bad now, but in the Arogant Bastard vein, not really my thing. The alcohol burn makes it seem more bitter than the labels 51 IBU.

I am drinking L'Brett D'Or by Crooked Stave brewery. This is a unique and very tasty sour. An early Christmas present for myself.
:fro:

McDonald's Egg nog shake.

What? Whoa! I know I know.

You asked what I was drinking right now.

Don't worry I have plans for some Celebratin Ale in a few.

Merry Christmas

Had a Omission Pale Ale from Widmer and their (not allowed to call it gluten free) as far as that goes I think its the best one of those "types" of beer so far.
And finally something Ive been waiting for, for awhile. I found a Tallgrass 8-bit pale ale.

EDit: After trying it,I was a little underwelmed,didnt like the foamy light tasting malt base it had,it was hoppy floral citrus/slight fruit grassy citrus bitter. Not really happy I picked up 2 4 packs,probably only worth one. Just dont really like the real foamy dry almost oxidized woody taste. Could be the Victory,Munich,Vienna combo- seems a little overkill maybe. Pretty dry and foamy-light tasting. Kinda reminded me of a few of my overcarbed beers I made.

Was out playing ball with the dog figured I double check the beer fridge on the back deck to make sure swmbo cleaned it out for the winter like she said. She did minus a cream ale, tossing it back now.

Oaked Arrogant Bastard. Past it's best by and 1/2 off, even a stone hater like myself couldn't resist. Seems nicely balanced after the Brown Shugga.

Resin by six point. I heard good reviews from fellow members here. If you're looking for that sticky piney bitter ipa...thus is it. Actually it's an IIPA given it's very well hidden abv of 9.1.

ForumRunner_20121222_195456.jpg

I've been on a beer journey around Houston today. Went to Buffalo Bayou Brewing with my brother and good friend growing up. I had the 1836, Gingerbread Stout and More Cowbell DIPA. All were great beers, but the Gingerbread Stout was the winner for me. Then we made an impromptu trip over to Saint Arnold where I had Santo Black Kolsh, Icon Belgian IPA, Elissa IPA, Brown Ale and Endeavor IPA. My favorite was the Endeavor. Soooo yummy! Then my brother and I went to downtown liquor store (Spec's) that has an awesome selection to pick up a few brews. Didn't get pictures of any of them because I was busy catching up with my friend, but you'll see pictures of the beers I picked up at Spec's. I didn't get that much because the place was packed and the parking process had already pissed me of so I kinda just wanted to get out of there. I'm going to go back on Wednesday to get the beers I set out to get while I am down here.

SN Celebration Ale always a great beer! My 1st intro to IPA's way back in 1992? This beer was the one that launched the IPA reveloution on the micro scene.

Just tried a Worthington's White Shield. Good God! That is a fantastic beer. Dangerously drinkable as well. So pleasantly surprised.

My first Goose Island IPA. Not sure why I haven't had one until today but it isn't too bad.

Back