Beer Bottle Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budzien

Reaction score
The boxes my beer bottles came in are just about toast. What do ya'll use to store/ transport your bottles? Pics would be great! Thanks.
:mug:

Just go to your local grocery store and ask them to save you wine boxes. They fit perfect and have the inserts in them

I've found that normal 12oz bottles fit well into a standard Printer Paper box that can be recycled from any office. I stagger 8 rows of 4 bottles, and they fit great. You can get extra tops and put them on the bottoms to help support them when full. But for storing DRY CLEAN empty bottles they work great and stack well (without the extra bottom). This is a cheap quick answer until I build crates.
I've managed to acquire enough 12 pack boxes over time since I'm continually rotating my collection of bottles as I share and restock from people giving me boxes.
I'll probably purchase a small box of 6'ers carriers near Christmas for my Xmas beer.

I am going to try the Wine box idea for 22oz bottles since I have issues with varying sizes in that format.

I just go to my local liquor store and ask for new boxes when the ones I have start to fall apart, they don't want them anyways:)

I just go to my local liquor store and ask for new boxes when the ones I have start to fall apart, they don't want them anyways:)

+1 on the Liquor store. You can get all the boxes that you want for free and large enough to store bombers. My local store has a wall of boxes that I help myself to. You can usually get matching boxes if you care about consistency.

Hi

It's garage sale season. Float around to a few and look for discarded wine racks and wood / plastic storage boxes. You'll probably spend $5, but the stuff should outlast several generations of paper boxes.

Bob

Latest posts

Back