Sam Adams Grumpy Monk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonScott

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals. On my lunch hour I was hanging out in the beer section of one of the nicer grocery stores here in Dallas. I bumped into the dept. manager and he raved about this case from Sam Adams. I love IPA's so of course it had to go home with me. :mug: My question is has anybody else tried Grumpy Monk (Belgian IPA)? It's awesome. :ban: A quick search didn't give me any hits for that name. Making a Belgian IPA just went to the top of my wishlist.

IPA Hop-ology.jpg

Check out Flying Dog Raging ***** if its distributed in your area or check the CYBI monster thread here for a clone recipe.

Pretty off topic, but I went to Yardhouse recently and tried one of the "mixes" they do, basically two beers in the same glass like a Black & Tan. The one I got was called a "Bitter Monk" and it was Stone IPA and Leffe Blonde. It was really good. Great hop character and bitterness with just a hint of Belgian fruitiness.

Back