Freeeeeedddooooommmmmmm!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Let me begin by saying I love my wife and my daughter.

My wife got an invite to go with her friend who is graduating with her masters on a graduation trip with her friend and her friends parents to the Bahamas as her friends sister had to bail at the last minute. So i am thinking that i will have to arrange work so i can leave at 2:45 every day to pick up our daughter from kindergarten. Then the wife says, well, why dont we send her to my moms so you do not have to worry about it and you can just relax and have no worries and head over to mom and dads for dinner a few times to eat and see madelyn (daughter).

Wait....:drunk:.....you want me to be alone.........for 7 days........2 whole friday nights................one and a half saturdays...................................................:rockin::ban:

Tomorrow night is an event here called Cork and Ale festival which i will be attending. Saturday morn will be spent hunting morrels followed by the smoking of various meat products (ribs, salmon, boston butt) and a lot of drinking:rockin:

That only takes me through two days. What to do with the rest of the time?

uhhh, brew some beer...

I know, right!

The blichmann is has 12 gallons of hefe fermenting for 5 days now. The 5.5 has a quad with port soaked oak cubes in it. The better bottle has a tripel with lacto and brett infused oak chips in it. I suppose i can rack the oyster stout and use the bucket its in as well as the 6.5 caryboy for a batch.

Ok, so brewing is on the list now.

Is your wife thinking the same thing? I used to work in the Bahamas....If its Club Med there is a reason their logo has a pitch fork in it. Well I guess if the parents are with them you should be ok.

Is your wife thinking the same thing? I used to work in the Bahamas....If its Club Med there is a reason their logo has a pitch fork in it. Well I guess if the parents are with them you should be ok.

Naaaaaa. She is trustworthy, otherwise we would not be together. But, yes, she is thinking freedom, i have no doubt that she is relishing the thought of no me and daughter for a bit, just her, the sand and a fruity drink. ohh, and shopping.

You know the wait staff are all man whores, don't you?

its not just the guys... I am a diving instructor. I went for an interview and the lady was not too much interested in my diving quals, but wether or not I was comfortible dancing in my underwear. The staff have rooms they share, if your roomate has someone (guest) in the room with them and you have a guest with you there is an alternate room to go to. The staff have HIV test every few months and are provided condoms. If I were a single man that did not care about making any money I would put everything I had in trojan condom stock and go to work for Club Med. On that note if you a single guy and you go to club meb you will most likely get your monies worth. I did not go to work for them, I was a manwhore at the time but I needed a lot more money to put my mangina to work. Sorry for hijacking yout tread.
So what kind of beer are you planing on brewing?

No big deal. They are actually staying in a rented condo thing with no wait staff or anything. I guess no worries about swinging meat there.

Not sure what kind of beer to brew. Perhaps a Kolsch.

I would work on a personal project, like upgrading some brewery stuff or doing a complete brewery cleanout. Bleach out the room and get everything super organized. That's what I would do.

Back