Converting a keg to a keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AU_Bob

Reaction score
Guys, anyone know where I might be able to get a keg I own converted to a keggle in the Marietta GA area? I don't have the tools to make it a DIY project.

thanks

All you really need to find is someone with a welder or tig rig and plasma cutter.

Anyone who has a race car, farm, rebuilds antique cars, etc will be able to point you to someone that can do it for you. If you are lucky it might only cost you some homebrew. Since you are in Marietta do you have a friend/acquaintance that works at Lockheed, I guarantee they can point to you to someone with the skills and equipment at home.

If you collect your parts most welding shops will do it for you, if you can't find someone.

Look up welders and fabricators in the phone book or google. There should be about a dozen within a 15-20 raduis minutes of you. Go to the one that sounds most like a "mom and pop" type place.

Drop by during business hours with the keg and casually ask the first guy you see if they'll cut the top for you. This is what I did, and a guy cut mine with a plasma cutter in about 5 minutes. I offered to pay, but they refused. I slipped him $15.00 and told him to get a decent dinner.

Drop by during business hours with the keg and casually ask the first guy you see if they'll cut the top for you. This is what I did, and a guy cut mine with a plasma cutter in about 5 minutes. I offered to pay, but they refused. I slipped him $15.00 and told him to get a decent dinner.

I bring homebrew with me when I go on these journeys.

Back