Webtender.... Mashtender

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To do so, it would have to have a gigantic recipe database to work from. There are plenty of recipes scattered about on the web, but I don't think there is any one database that is exactly stupendous - and even if a huge recipe database is compiled, it's going to be tricky to manage - you can come across a whole lot of recipes that some random guy dreams up but nobody's ever tried brewing, so you have no idea whether it's a good recipe. For that reason, I think it's always good to use recipes as merely a starting point (unless you know they're tried-and-true like a bunch of the ones on this site that have been brewed hundreds of times) and use your own judgement, and ask for guidance from forum members.

orfy said:
Beersmith can do that.
How? I have used beersmith for quite some time and never come across a feature like that. I know that it does have an inventory feature, but I'm not sure it can even tell whether you can brew each of your own recipes, much less give you a list of ones you can brew, especially since the recipe library it comes with is very small. Though, accessing some of its features can be sort of cryptic, so it's not inconceivable that I missed something.

Beersmith can do it, but only with the recipes in your own database (which could include the ones downloaded from Beersmith.com).

When you are in "Recipe" view, go up to the Edit button on the top toolbar and scroll down to Find. On the right-hand side of the popup is a button to add all of the ingredients in your inventory. You can then have Beersmith find recipes that match some or all of those ingredients. Pretty handy if you have a large database of recipes and keep your inventory up to date.

Chad

Chad said:
When you are in "Recipe" view, go up to the Edit button on the top toolbar and scroll down to Find. On the right-hand side of the popup is a button to add all of the ingredients in your inventory. You can then have Beersmith find recipes that match some or all of those ingredients.
Yeah, I'd say that's slightly cryptic :cross: Though, for that matter, the whole inventory system seems pretty cryptic - to add ingredients to your inventory you have to add them to your shopping cart first, then transfer that to inventory? But I digress...

Good to know though. Now if only beersmith had a better stock recipe library - or had a good repository of downloadable user-submitted recipes that could be easily imported, sort of like the recipe library beertools.com has.

Funkenjaeger said:
Yeah, I'd say that's slightly cryptic :cross: Though, for that matter, the whole inventory system seems pretty cryptic - to add ingredients to your inventory you have to add them to your shopping cart first, then transfer that to inventory?.

No, you can open the item and increase the inventory directly in the product record window.

image1ob3.jpg

I learn so much, and it's not even my thread. I still think it would make a lot of sense if there was a way to add something to your inventory from the inventory screen (much like you add an ingredient to a recipe from the recipe editing screen), as I feel that'd be rather intuitive. But I suppose that belongs on their 'suggestions' forum, not here.

The reason you can't do that is that the inventory window just shows items in stock.

It's very quick to go to the product increase the inventory and it automatically add it to the inventory window.
I think that is the easiest, quickest and most obvious way.

Latest posts

Back