DFH Indian Brown Ale Mash Temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTerp

Reaction score
Going to be brewing AHS's DFH Indian Brown Ale clone tomorrow. Kit directions call for a mash temp of 150. Seems like 152-154 would be more appropriate for a brown. Shooting for an fg of around 1.015. You guys think a mash temp of 154 sounds about right? I don't have the recipe in front on me since I'm sitting in a treestand in the woods. But can get it later if it would help.

Punched the recipe into beersmith and for a finishing gravity if 1.015, I got a mash temp of 150. I love this software!!

Can you tell me how this turned out I would love to do this if it is good

Sent from my iPad2 using HB Talk

Can you tell me how this turned out I would love to do this if it is good

Sent from my iPad2 using HB Talk

Brewed this last spring and it has to be one of our best beers so far (only have about 12 AG brews under our belt). Everyone who tried it really enjoyed it and it was very close to the real thing. Liked it so much that we are doing a 10 gallon batch of it next week :rockin:

I'm brewing 10 gallons of this today. Bought a 5 gallon all grain kit from AHS and am just doubling the recipe. Decided to replace the extra 2-row with light DME due to mash tun size. I'm going to replace the additional Warrior bittering hops with Magnum and the Hallertau flameout addition with Citra due to the homebrew store not having any Hallertau or Warrior. I think some nice citrusy American hops aromas would be great in this beer. Obviously I'm not shooting for a DFH clone. Also going to throw half this brew into my freshly dumped 5 gallon whiskey barrel I'm expecting to arrive in about a week. If all goes as planned this should be a pretty wonderful beer!

Back