Bear Republic - any must haves besides Racer 5 and Hop Rocket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heywolfie1015

Reaction score
I'm visiting Bear Republic in Healdsburg, CA this weekend and I was curious if there were any must haves besides Racer 5 and Hop Rocket? I love both of those brews, and have them all the time. Just want to make sure I don't miss anything good while I'm up there!

Hop Rod Rye, yes. My Bent Rod Rye is based on it, but about 2/3rds the ABV to make it a hoppy session ale.

Pete Brown Tribute Ale, possibly my favorite brown ale ever. And another vote for the Black Bear Stout.

They usually have a few nice specialty sour beers as well if your into that sort if thing. Last time I was there I had what they called a "wangdoidle" it was a lambic aged with prickly pears...great beer plus you've got to dig the Willy Wanka reference

When I was up there a month ago, they had a Berliner-weisse called Tartare that was very tasty. If you are at their tap room there, they also had the woodruff and raspberry syrups for it.

They also had Racer X at that time, but had tapped the last keg while I was there.

Actually, if you are visiting the pub, there are always some old fav's there as well as some new brews. I'd try the taster groups first and go from there. I love R5 and it's always a go back.. HopRodRye is great too.. Black Bear as mentioned above is great.. Just a bunch of good ones.. your palette will be different from others.. form your own conclusions. I go about once a week cuz it's local to me. They just started giving discounts for AHA members.. at least I got a good one last week. Last week there was a ProAm entry there from Tyler who is the bar keep at the Whole Foods Pub. Nice

Back