Alright dads, be honest:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not being a parent, and single, I'm more interested how many folks on here have used starsan on a dildo before.....especially our female members.

;)

(actually I've never thought about that before, until I saw this thread title.)

Not being a parent, and single, I'm more interested how many folks on here have used starsan on a dildo before.....especially our female members.

;)

Well you just went straight over the top, didn't you? :cross:

Revvy is bringing safe sex to a whole new level...

;)

Off to find the memorable quotes thread...again. :ban:

dwarven_stout said:
Well you just went straight over the top, didn't you? :cross:

Well somebody had to do it. It was just there waiting.

Back to the OP, yup. Works like a champ. Also used on bottles, plastic toys, etc. If the dog licks the kids toy, boom...Star San. Good as new.

TyTanium said:
Back to the OP, yup. Works like a champ. Also used on bottles, plastic toys, etc. If the dog licks the kids toy, boom...Star San. Good as new.

I guarantee that dog's tongue is cleaner then your child's. Just say NO to purell parenting. Immune systems aren't built by isolation.

As the father of 3 (all before I started brewing, so no starsan), I can tell you, the first one you boil everything on a regular basis. Everything is sterilized.

By the third one, you pull the binkie out of the dogs mouth and put it in the kids mouth!

I guarantee that dog's tongue is cleaner then your child's. Just say NO to purell parenting. Immune systems aren't built by isolation.

I guarantee you it's not when my dog feasts on feces. Other than that, you're preaching to the choir. I don't think we even have purell in our house.. We generally don't have anti-bacterial anything. I agree, isolation = sick.

;)

Hadn't this been brought up once before in the members section?

My ex only boob-fed our first, and only for a couple months. She borrowed a breast pump from her brother's wife, tried it, and sat there listening to me say "mooooo" every couple minutes. The pump went back to the SIL and the kid went onto the bottle.

Just say NO to purell parenting. Immune systems aren't built by isolation.
:mug:

There's a lot of kids out there who aren't going to have a chance when they actually get sick and have no immune system to fight it off.

Devon said:
:mug:

There's a lot of kids out there who aren't going to have a chance when they actually get sick and have no immune system to fight it off.

My wife and I lived in the NICU last February before my daughter could come home. I am all too familiar with the fragility many newborns and preemees face.

Listen to your doctor first and foremost. If your doctor recommends a purell lifestyle, chances are there is a very specific reason.

The first couple months exposure should be very limited. By the time your half pint is putting everything in their mouths they should have a strong base of an immune system. That said, no breast milk will slow that down.

Oh, and most dogs lick their butt. Yet its been studied that humans carry more bacteria in their mouth then our poop licking 4 legged friends.

When my kids were in daycare, they had either an ear infection, pink eye or a common cold on a regular basis. We used to joke that when the last kid was infected, they would mutate it and give it to the first kid to start again.

Once my kids started school, neither of them missed a day for being sick in their first 4 years. All those little colds built them into virus fighting ninjas.

As the father of 3 (all before I started brewing, so no starsan), I can tell you, the first one you boil everything on a regular basis. Everything is sterilized.

By the third one, you pull the binkie out of the dogs mouth and put it in the kids mouth!

LOL! Reminds me of when my oldest was about 2. I found his toothbrush IN HIS DIAPER. I cleaned it up, rinsed the hell out of it in mouthwash and had him brush his teeth. He is almost 16 now. And doing fine, BTW.

EDIT: It was only #1, not #2.........

JonW said:
When my kids were in daycare, they had either an ear infection, pink eye or a common cold on a regular basis. We used to joke that when the last kid was infected, they would mutate it and give it to the first kid to start again.

Once my kids started school, neither of them missed a day for being sick in their first 4 years. All those little colds built them into virus fighting ninjas.

My 3 year old boy started preschool about 4 months ago and my wife and I have been sick every month. I can't wait until he gets over that crap. And yes we have had pink eye, little f$ckin butt hole scratchers purell can't stop that **** from getting ya

davefleck said:

Amen

Star san the sex toys?! Genius. :D

My Wife and I didn't use star san to sanitize the breast pump collection cones with the last baby. We cleaned them in the dishwasher, replaced the flap valves with clean ones supplied with the pump, and sold it on Ebay. For as expensive as those breast pumps are (we had a Medela high end model), we wound up bottle feeding the baby after my Wife couldn't keep up with the milk production.

Supplimenting became full time formula feeding around three months and we haven't looked back. :ban:

JonW said:

In college, I lived in a house with 18 other dudes. Everyone got sick when he moved in. 3 years later, on moveout day, the property owner asked us why we hadn't hooked up the dishwasher chemicals.

We had been washing our dishes without soap and, as it turns out, in the same water for 3 years.

I can eat chicken sashimi now with no consequences.

My toddler gets to eat all the dirt he wants.

In college, I lived in a house with 18 other dudes. Everyone got sick when he moved in. 3 years later, on moveout day, the property owner asked us why we hadn't hooked up the dishwasher chemicals.

We had been washing our dishes without soap and, as it turns out, in the same water for 3 years.

I can eat chicken sashimi now with no consequences.

My toddler gets to eat all the dirt he wants.

nice!!!! :rockin:

my first just turned 6 months. once he started crawling...inevitably into the dirtiest spot he can find....yeah i pretty much just pick the cat hair off it and give it back

I didn't do the breast pump with Starsan, but when we bought a bunch of plastic toys from a garage sale, we Starsan'd them. It was a great way to clean the unknown bugs off of them without soaking that would have ruined the paper labels. Once things are in the house, we don't over sanitise (unless the stomach flu hits, then everything gets cleaned repeatedly... I hate the stomach flu).

I grew up getting dirty and so will my kids.

My ex only boob-fed our first, and only for a couple months. She borrowed a breast pump from her brother's wife, tried it, and sat there listening to me say "mooooo" every couple minutes. The pump went back to the SIL and the kid went onto the bottle.

That made me laugh so hard, MOOOOOO

GilaMinumBeer said:
Never.

But we did consider trying teh March 809 when the pump wouldn't start.
That reminds me of when my wife first used the pump. I was working the dial and I turned it all the way up! She started crying, I felt terrible. But now I'm picturing the nipple cups on my March!

Bernie Brewer said:

.... And this reminds me of when she was pumping I would make the joke about putting on my coveralls and straw hat and getting up at the crack of dawn to milk the wife.

Never used Starsan to clean the pump though.

I can tell you a bite from a human is much worse than a dog bite, bacteria wise. There is, however, that ass licking thing........by the dog I mean.

That reminds me of when my wife first used the pump. I was working the dial and I turned it all the way up! She started crying, I felt terrible. But now I'm picturing the nipple cups on my March!

Hahaha. Something like that happened here too.

Ok, we all know about moms using the breast pumps. Honestly though, how many of us dads have tried it, just to see what happens? I tried the pump out when my wife was running errands. Hurt like hell. Thank god all my kids are past the bottle/ breast feeding stage.....

used starsan on it nope, only because i had no idea and didnt brew then or hell ya spray bottle next to the pump lol, tried it out yup, drunk bored no one home lol you all know you though about it.

davefleck said:
Just say NO to purell parenting. Immune systems aren't built by isolation.

My niece's kindergarten class had hand sanitizer as one if the things your child was supposed to bring in to keep the class stocked up on. So my sister wrote to the teacher and asked that my native not be allowed to use the sanitizer.

I think we boiled bottles and toys exactly twice. I gave up after finding my oldest chewing on the dogs half eaten rawhide.

Back