Just bottled my first batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C38368

Reaction score
After many, many moons (well, weeks, at least) of reading and thinking and wondering and pulling triggers, I finally got beermaking kit.

And then I brewed a beer.

Three weeks in the fermenter, and today into bottles.

I started with seven, maybe seven-and-a-half gallons in the brewpot, and wound up getting almost five exactly into the fermenter. In hindsight, I think I should've topped it off; I wound up losing about half a gallon during bottling, mostly because I couldn't get the last inch or so out of the fermenter without hauling lots of yeast along with it.

End result: two dozen full, 22oz bottles. Plus one, mostly full bottle; we'll see if that one actually comes through or not. So hopefully, in a couple of weeks I'll have a beer that's at least halfway decent. I'm excited! The kit, which came with my equipment, is a rather generic "light ale" whose ABV should be about 3.9%, if I read the gravities correctly. We'll see...

Turns out that beer is easier to brew than I always figured. But it sure takes longer than I expected!

I'm right there with you man. I just bottled my first batch, and I now have 44 bottles of APA. There wasn't quite enough to fill up the 45th bottle, so I tasted what I made. It was pretty good, can't wait till its got some carb and more age on it.

BTW Go Ducks

Nice job! I just opened( a bit early I might add) my first bottle of my first home brew an ipa. Wow I'm so psyched. Already have another batch fermenting. I'm hooked.

welcome, all, to the world of good beer. now you get to learn beer even has flavor :D
Oh, I've known that for awhile! Heck, it's impossible to live in Oregon, drink beer, and not realise that after a spell.

But this is so much more fun and, in the end, affordable!

It's always great when a recipe comes out good. Not to mention,brewing the beers you like cheaper than you can buy them. It's great when you pop that first one,& get clear beer with good head & carbonation. Take a whiff,then that first swallow. Oh yeah,it don't get better than that.

Back