The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool ill look it up. So you guys mingle with the CCLAMS group at all.

We don't that I know of. We have several members that are also in Boston Wort Processors. We have about 65 paid members currently and they come from as far south as Newport and as far north as Boston. I don't think we have anyone out on the Cape though oddly enough.... especially since all of the meetings are in Norton at this insanely awesome spot (and the host there is probably the coolest guy on the planet) and another pretty cool spot in Middleboro. Neither is that far from the Cape.

I need white labs wlp013 London Ale yeast. Is there any where near the cape.

Closest place I know of to get WLP is the new Homebrew Emporium that just opened up in... Braintree?? Weymouth? one a' those.

Witch's Brew is in Foxboro and that is a bit of the "club HBS" but he doesn't carry WLP.

Dakota,

I found one 15 gallon, and two 13.2 gallon kegs that are the standard straight side units. I also have one other 15 gallon unit that I cut the top off of as a spare when I was making my three, so you can have that one too if you're interested.

There were a few other of the coors style kegs that had the fat belly. The 13.2 gallon units (I got the volume from the brewery tag that was around the neck) seems to be the same diameter as the standard 1/2 barrel, but it's 2-3" shorter. I can take a picture later today if you're interested - or I can go back in a few weeks to see if they've got more.

Here's my email/contact info if you're interested, (and I know someone else had mentioned interest, so feel free to use this too). Ideally, I'd like to trade them for cornies, but there doesn't seem to be many of those around.

With the snow this weekend, we can also meet during the week. I work in Lexington/Burlington. I am going to try and get down to your club meeting in February.

Dave Morton
[email protected]
cell 603-321-9927

Mort, how often do you find 15 gallon kegs? I'm looking for 2 in newer condition if you can keep your eyes open for me.

nhwrecker said:
Dakota,

I found one 15 gallon, and two 13.2 gallon kegs that are the standard straight side units. I also have one other 15 gallon unit that I cut the top off of as a spare when I was making my three, so you can have that one too if you're interested.

There were a few other of the coors style kegs that had the fat belly. The 13.2 gallon units (I got the volume from the brewery tag that was around the neck) seems to be the same diameter as the standard 1/2 barrel, but it's 2-3" shorter. I can take a picture later today if you're interested - or I can go back in a few weeks to see if they've got more.

Here's my email/contact info if you're interested, (and I know someone else had mentioned interest, so feel free to use this too). Ideally, I'd like to trade them for cornies, but there doesn't seem to be many of those around.

With the snow this weekend, we can also meet during the week. I work in Lexington/Burlington. I am going to try and get down to your club meeting in February.

Dave Morton
[email protected]
cell 603-321-9927

Email sent!

I am one with my shark brothers.

Actually, we dove on the Nemo Aquarium/resteraunt in Epcot. It was pretty farkin' corny, let's face it, it's an aquarium albeit a really, really big one. But my 80+ year old parents and M-I -L got to eat dinner in the resteraunt and watch and that was cool for them. Kind of pricey, forty minutes of bottom time for $170. When the dive monkee called the dive I still had 2100 PSI. Gotta love that warm water .

PTN

I'm going to show my age here. I have a film UW camera. It works. Sorta. Makes me crazy taking it along. I've never been able to justify spending the 4-5 K that it costs to do a decent job shooting or filming in digital. I spent a couple months building an UW housing seven or eight years ago, it worked fine for a dozen dives, even a couple of deep 100'+ dives, then flooded on a 25 foot lobster dive. Cost me a $500 camcorder. Plus I see these guys who spend all their time trying to get pics and it just seems like too much work. I dive to relax, work makes me itchy.

Check out a gopro then. I have 1 and love it. Im looking at a second do to some 3D work. I've never dived more than 50' but the housing is rated at 125'. I have a love of footage when we were in the Bahamas of diving and the quality is great. 1080p

bluemoose said:
Tell these Massholes that if they want to see the fish, go diving. Yeesh, they're so needy.

I catch fish with a rod and eat them. I don't want to swim with them!

Cape Brewing said:
Witch's Brew is in Foxboro and that is a bit of the "club HBS" but he doesn't carry WLP.

Not true. He now carries white labs. Crosby baker stopped carrying anything other than dry yeast. So he get white labs now

bluemoose said:
Dakota, do you wonder if Paul had his handbag when diving in a fish tank?

Alice does carry a small bag with her when we dive, I call it her purse. She fills it with shells and other stuff then throws in a few handfuls of kelp to keep the stuff cushioned. We were on a boat once with a guy we didn't know. She climbed back on board and the dive monkey grabbed her gear and catch bags. He glanced at her purse, didn't see any lobsters in stand assumed that the stuff inside was crap and dumped it over the side. I hope she never gets that mad at me, it was kinda scary.

Not true. He now carries white labs. Crosby baker stopped carrying anything other than dry yeast. So he get white labs now

Ok... What??? Did you think I didn't believe PTO when he said the same thing ten posts and five days ago??

Way to be on the ball Flounder. What are you gonna do next? Tell me the Pats beat the Ravens?

He didn't know they won till this morning. Herself wouldn't let him watch the game. She told him it's too violent and wouldn't let him expose the cherubs to such brutality.

I guess the way she smacks him around is different in her eyes.

Hey Yeager, did she agree to a U4 day yet?

Cape Brewing said:
Ok... What??? Did you think I didn't believe PTO when he said the same thing ten posts and five days ago??

Way to be on the ball Flounder. What are you gonna do next? Tell me the Pats beat the Ravens?

Sorry for replying before reading the next ten pages of crap on this board. :)

paulthenurse said:
He didn't know they won till this morning. Herself wouldn't let him watch the game. She told him it's too violent and wouldn't let him expose the cherubs to such brutality.

I guess the way she smacks him around is different in her eyes.

Hey Yeager, did she agree to a U4 day yet?

She agreed to U4 being here. Have to move U3 out of the closet first though. I need carboys... Now we need a date

GUYS

I am out of Boston and back on the South Shore. Any other Plymouthians feel like a brew day soon?

Also, how is everyone? Haven't seen many of you since Masstoberfest (not this year's, last year's)

Your back! I was wondering what happen to you!

Yeah had a lot go on in the last year so I have been MIA but have still been brewing. Had a kid, lost my job, got a new job, bought a house.

BUT still managed to get a new double burner and a March pump to add to my system, haha!

Not sure yet. I have ingredients for an American pale and a hefeweizen. Probably going to do the hefe, since I have an amber and an IPA kegged.

Hey... just a word of warning for anyone who's going to be brewing with PTN anytime soon.... if he "explains" the "correct way to sparge" to you in all of his brewing brilliance... RUN. Don't try to discuss it with him. Don't try to reason. Don't even try to save the batch you have going on... just run. Full speed. Preferably with your arms flailing in the air and high pitched, Yeager-like, girly screams coming from your mouth.

... unless you WANT to do a nine hour boil. THEN... then you should listen.

Luckily I ignore 99% of what Paul says about brewing but two noobs at my place this past weekend weren't seasoned vets like I am when it comes to Paul's advice... and unfortunately for them, I was hittin' the sauce and not really paying attention to what they were doing on Paul's "advice". Poor bastids.

But HEY!!! No DMS! That's fo' damn sure!

I think there should be a constitutional ammendment that makes it a capital crime for a 12 year old skateboarder to smash into someone from behind. Not once yesterday but twice. And another one smashed into Alice. My farkin left knee is killing me. I could strangle the little bastards with my bare hands. And the second little **** had the audacity to look at me and ask why I was mad?

PTN

Back