Unique talents?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was just flipping through TV channels, and saw some tap dancing.

I actually was quite good at tap dancing (and other dance styles, and even gymnastics!) back in high school, and can still tap a bit. Sometimes to surprise kids, I'll do a few cartwheels or flips but I'm much better at tap.

I've played a few instruments (trumpet, clarinet, piano, guitar), but was best on the piano. Not very good, but acceptable.

I have a good wrist shot. I'm 5'5" and 135 pounds. But in hockey skates, I feel bigger!

What talent do you have that would surprise the rest of us?

I'm a musical theater junky: sing, dance, play instruments, sound engineer, lighting engineer, directing, music directing, board member..... don't know if that actually counts as surprising though

I can blow spit bubbles. Like 0.25 in. bubbles that float off my tongue. I have to be careful as I sometimes do this and don't think about it and they can float towards other people.

Like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
From 13 to 17 years old I acted and juggled at a rennaisance faire. I also do some magic so SWMBO often says she's going to start renting me out for kids parties. But I think she knows that I'd probably end up going a little postal in that type of environment... :D

+1 on juggling. I learned to juggle before I could throw a baseball. I think the appeal of juggling is timeless.

I can also beatbox a song's melody, drums, and lyrics at the same time with little to no practice.

very analytical brain.. i think everything through, sometimes too much... (stupid engineering me that way) but i can pretty much trouble shoot any car problem you have new or old for the most part.. especially older cars... as i have helped/and restored may...

there are may other aspects that i have talents in... but not as major

wow i was drunk when writing that one.. haha

very analytical brain.. i think everything through, sometimes too much... (stupid engineering me what i have my college degrees in) but i can pretty much trouble shoot any car problem you have new or old.. especially older cars... as i have helped/and restored may...

one of them is missing the "n" key ;)

I brew my own beer....oh crap. That doesn't make me special here does it?

Special talent....I've managed to work Technical Support for 6 years and haven't killed a single person.

I sing, play guitar and bass. Grew up playing in rock bands. Might surprise some people that I did the hair band thing for a while, loooooooong hair, make up, spandex, etc...Good times!

I suck at umpiring vintage base ball games, so I wouldn't call it a talent, but I enjoy dressing up like a victorian gentleman and doing it.

249447_152034708202197_109838765755125_329184_1709744_n.jpg

Hmm I am trying to think of something and the only thing coming to my head is I can tackle anyone. Haha regarless of size, speed or power I can bring them down!

I can operate, maintain, and/or repair most kinds of heavy equipment. Grew up in the construction business. I am much better than average at poker and do that sometimes when I want to make some extra money.

I can move my nose up and down like a rabbit, started when I was 5 years old getting a hair cut and was told not to move but my nose tickled.

And I can make beer. :rockin:

very analytical brain.. i think everything through, sometimes too much... (stupid engineering me what i have my college degrees in) but i can pretty much trouble shoot any car problem you have new or old.. especially older cars... as i have helped/and restored may...

uh, i got one for you! inline 4 mitusbishi galant, just replaced the timing belt. ever since then, car has trouble making power below 3k. plugs are new

This is how I imagine Yooper Tap Dancing:

As far as my alternate talents go, I play the drums, guitar, and some piano. I also golf, and have been known to be quite the Chef.

Last edited by a moderator:
uh, i got one for you! inline 4 mitusbishi galant, just replaced the timing belt. ever since then, car has trouble making power below 3k. plugs are new

could be a number of things.. with out seeing it... it could be the coil/coils that need replacing... (any other problems such as electrical? idiot lights on for anything, could be the computer too)

I'm good at sifting through useless junk on Facebook to find entertainment. BTW, this thread is famous now, as it has been featured there.

I can change a potty diaper in about 4 seconds, and a poopy one in about 10 sec.

I've also been good at remembering lots of numbers so don't flash your credit card in front of me. lol

One of my friends is great at finding a parking spot close to wherever he is going.

Not exactly a skill that pays the bills.

If I had to guess, you are one tooth off on the timing. is it a SOHC or DOHC, another possibility is the balance shafts are out of sync with the crank, this can lead to sluggish response but usually a harsh vibration at 3k or so.

Mitsubishi master mechanic for 6 years.

As for talents, I can juggle, play most any brass instrument, I can hear a song and play it note for note without seeing sheet music after hearing it once or twice, I can act as a lightning rod (been struck twice), I can throw a standard razor blade across a room and stick it in an object within 10 inches of the intended target. I have a range of about 30 feet with a cheapie blade.

Musician. I've played piano, alto sax, trumpet, and have sung in church choir and a mass choir performance of Handel's Messiah.

The problem is that your car hates you. I don't blame it.

no you!!

If I had to guess, you are one tooth off on the timing. is it a SOHC or DOHC, another possibility is the balance shafts are out of sync with the crank, this can lead to sluggish response but usually a harsh vibration at 3k or so.

Mitsubishi master mechanic for 6 years.

SOHC, it could be off. but if it's off, why would it come alive at 3k? i'll check tonight or tomorrow.

pretty sure the balance shaft is in sync. what about compression leak? it's seems to struggle the most when you're coming to a stop sign, do the "hard stop" then try to do a spirited take-off. or, trans issue? the motor seems to run fine, it's just not putting much power down

if the crank/cam timing is off it is not breathing properly until rpm builds.

The balance belt has marks that you just line up when everything is aligned at TDC, the oil pump has a 3:1 gearing with the second shaft, if you spin the oil pump pulley it will want to come to rest at about the7 o'clock position, or the 4 o'clock position you want to rotate it until it wants to rest with the timing marks aligned. when you rotate it you will understand what I mean.

Sorry for the off-topic fellas, PM me if you need further assistance or help diagnosing.

I can change a potty diaper in about 4 seconds, and a poopy one in about 10 sec.

I've also been good at remembering lots of numbers so don't flash your credit card in front of me. lol

only one at a time? you need more practice.

i have no great talents. i can read, watch tv and listen to music simultaneously. and i've run three marathons, so all the talents one needs for that (pooping in public, snot rocketing, ignoring my bleeding feet)

If your throat swells shut, I know how to cut a hole in your throat to breathe. If you have a collapsed lung, I can fix that too. Not all that unique, but useful if you need it.

Eric

How could I forget thus one? I successfully built and can somewhat play a strumstick and canjo.

Damn you! There goes my afternoon. I was supposed to get a cigar box guitar from a friend a while back and he never came through. Now my afternoon will be spent on youtube listening to them.

I have a long tongue, I can touch my nose with it and roll it completely upside down. The ladies dig it.

_

IrregularPulse said:
Damn you! There goes my afternoon. I was supposed to get a cigar box guitar from a friend a while back and he never came through. Now my afternoon will be spent on youtube listening to them.

You are very welcome. Between cigar box guitars, canjos, strumsticks, and low wattage diy tube amps you could burn up 2 or 3 lifetimes.

Back