Another newbie question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidr2340

Reaction score
Ok,
Since I already asked one newb question today... Why stop now!!!

I transfered from primary to secondary this evening. I took a sample to get a reading, and decided to take my first sample taste. What should I expect? Should it be fairly tastey at this point (1 week)?

The beer is an American Amber extract kit from B3 if that helps at all!!!

Once again, THANKS ALL!!!

:mug:

You should get a general sense of what to expect your beer should taste like after it has mellowed some. Basically if you don't notice any off flavors (like band-aid for one, signifying contaminaion) you should be okay.

Agree with the above remarks. You will get some basic idea but it will still be nowhere as good as after a few more weeks.

If you want to try to get a carbonated idea of what it will taste like just add a bit of carbonated water (BudLight). I've been known to stick a glass of green beer in the fridge for a bit and then add a smidge of BL. Actually, I've only done it twice but it did make the green a bit smoother. ;)

fezzman said:
Agree with the above remarks. You will get some basic idea but it will still be nowhere as good as after a few more weeks.

If you want to try to get a carbonated idea of what it will taste like just add a bit of carbonated water (BudLight). I've been known to stick a glass of green beer in the fridge for a bit and then add a smidge of BL. Actually, I've only done it twice but it did make the green a bit smoother. ;)

LOL! :rockin:

Back